Unscheduled tech visit & unnecessary charge

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stokley108
New Poster

Unscheduled tech visit & unnecessary charge

Back around Christmas my internet went down so I called cust support to see what the issue was. We ran tests and discovered that something outside was wrong. So the customer support agent said he would have send a tech by but since it was Christmas Day they couldn’t schedule anyone. He did inform me of the 125 fee for the visit but said someone would call to confirm the visit before they charged me or before anyone was sent out. After a few days go by I hear nothing from HughesNet or a tech so I start investigating myself and find a damaged coax cable under the house. I go and buy the proper coax cable for internet and replace it myself, that was the issue and I’ve have internet service ever since I did so. Then, on January 22 while I was at work, I get a phone call from a technician saying he was about to pull up at my house to fix the internet. I informed him it was resolved and I didn’t need him to do anything, I had already fixed it weeks ago. ( I’m sure HughesNet can verify the day I fixed it by my internet usage). The technician told me he still needed to make sure my satellite was lined up and it was protocol for him to check it out. He assured me that I would get no bill since there wasn’t anything wrong with my internet. I told him to go ahead as long as I don’t get charged since I did all the work myself. I got my bill a few days ago and it was about $125 more than normal, go figure. I contacted customer support and they were very helpful, and said he was going to try to refund my money but they couldn’t authorize refunds, it had to be the advance credit Dept. He told me they were only open Sunday through Monday 8-5 and would get them to call me the next business day. I left him my call back number and still no follow up from the advanced crest Dept. It has been 3 days since I talked to customer support.
4 REPLIES 4
Jay

Hello stokley108,

Welcome to the community and thank you for bringing this to our attention! 

I would like to take a closer look at the account to address the tech visit issue with our team here in the corporate offices and provide the refund you were promised. Please send me a private message with the phone number associated with the account for verification.

-Jay

Jay

stokley108,

Please see your private message. I hope this is a satisfactory resolution for your issue!

-Jay

Absolutely Jay, I appreciate all of your help!

Thanks a million!

Happy to help!

-Jay