Hughesnet Community

Whats the cancellation fee?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luis E. Guerrer

Whats the cancellation fee?

I need to know how much the cancellation with hughesnet will cost me, i have the lease option and please dont call me its just something i need to know. and probably will cancel tomorow since its the date inpay my bill i have not have any service for this whole month so i dont think i want to pay this month and not be able to enjoy the internet. And please asnwer me as soonnas possible.
10 REPLIES 10
Billy Walker

Not sure but I think its $400
James E Besser

why no service for a month
Janice Carmack

I hope a rep will answer your question, because it all depends on how long your have been with hughesnet as to how much your cancellation fee is. The reps will probably be the only ones who can help you.
MIchael Bailey

Hughesnet is the worse service I ever had. I left Comcast internet service because of the price, but I never had interruption of service, I never had to count how data bytes of info I had left, on hughesnet when you have 2 laptops on the internet slows down like dial up. I've had this service for 1 year, They sold this bill of goods as HIGH SPEED internet service, but its a joke, Im going back to COMCAST, the service was always on, I could have laptops and tablets on at the same time, and upload and download speed is always constant. I'd rather pay the higher price than to use hughes net any longer.
Warren
Alum

Hello Luis,

Thanks for the post. It truly depends on the account and how long you have been a customer with us. If possible, can you post a recent case number, serial number of the modem or the full name of  primary account holder so we may look into this?

Please let us know if there is an issue with your connection that we can address, perhaps a visit from a technician or a service plan change. We're always standing by to help you.

- Warren
James E Besser

after you get service you have I Think 30 days too call tell them you dont want it. Should do you home work, type in complaints about hughesnet or any company read what people say about them. Anyone might sell you any thing tell you what you want too hear. Its sad, But that happens.
James E Besser

I like Gen 4 hughesnet
jenny rossjenny

i think it $400 or close to that . How every many months u have had your service and bill is pd  you take off $10 for each month
carrie2000

I have had hughesnet for almost 3 months , Very unhappy with it, paying more and getting less, very disatisfied , wondering how much it would cost to cancel, also no one told me i had 30 days to change my mind , i had wittenberg internet before will be going back to them, not sure why hughesnet said i needed a dish to get my internet i live a few blocks away from wittenberg telephone, i am going ti cancel as soon as i can, hughesnet is awful . Hate it.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

If you have a ground based provider you never should have signed up for satellite.

Bill, I believe in being honest and stating the fact that high speed ground based unlimited internet is better than capped satellite internet. Plus there is the latency factor.   http://www.wittenbergnet.net/internet.html