disappointed in bill and HughesNet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swcarson11
New Poster

disappointed in bill and HughesNet

We had a problem a few weeks ago. Our phone quit. I contacted tech support and they told me how to fix it. I did the reset as instructed and it didn't fix the problem. They said I could get a tech to come fix it for a few. We had to say yes because we needed a phone. The tech came several days later (all this time with no phone) and tried the same reset I was told to do. It didn't work or fix the problem. He had to replace a box. So why do I have to pay for replacement of new/broken equipment ? If I couldn't manage the reset process and they could, that would be different. But the equipment was broken. I could have spent days doing the reset they told me to do and nothing would have happend. I don't think we should be charged for the tech visit since it was their equipment failing. The equipment was newly installed in Nov 2017 when we started with HughesNet. Not a happy customer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bare65
Advanced Tutor

@swcarson11

Good morning 🙂

We have two Hughesnet employees (corporate level) who moderate the community Mondays - Fridays 9am -5pm ET.

@Amandabeing one of those employees.

I'm sure she can look into this for you when she gets online..

As a customer myself, I would like to hope that if this equipment was indeed faulty in some way that it would/should be replaced at no cost to the customer, especially as you just had this service/equipment recently installed. I'm not sure if there is some kind of manufacturer warranty on the equipment or not..

Like I said though, I'm sure @Amanda or @Liz can look into this for you, and, depending on their findings, possibly reverse those charges for you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bare65
Advanced Tutor

@swcarson11

Good morning 🙂

We have two Hughesnet employees (corporate level) who moderate the community Mondays - Fridays 9am -5pm ET.

@Amandabeing one of those employees.

I'm sure she can look into this for you when she gets online..

As a customer myself, I would like to hope that if this equipment was indeed faulty in some way that it would/should be replaced at no cost to the customer, especially as you just had this service/equipment recently installed. I'm not sure if there is some kind of manufacturer warranty on the equipment or not..

Like I said though, I'm sure @Amanda or @Liz can look into this for you, and, depending on their findings, possibly reverse those charges for you.

Liz

Hi swcarson11,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!