Hughesnet Community

hughes+net clas action in Georgia

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vicente Vasquez

hughes+net clas action in Georgia

In tired of hughes net and the terrible service that is offered. Everytime I speak to a rep it is something newvthat I have to do to solve their problem . I have found the solution. I have contacted 2 class action lawyers that are willing to take my case ( They looked at the last Class Action that Hughes net went through). I've been very patient with the service and only getting the run around. If didn't know , there was already a class action against Hughes net about the service that they provide. If you live in Georgia please let me know and we can talk if you would like to be apart of this. I just feel that we have to do something about this, if they don't care then we we fight them.
14 REPLIES 14
crazy for getti

Hello, My health won't let me help you but you are on the right track. This is the only way to get these people to work with you.  I  applaud your will to fight to get this resolved. My problem is from installation I am sure. I have tried to talk to them about it and nobody will pay attention and I get upset and end up very sick from the stress. So I had no choice but to get internet service some where else. So I am stuck paying 2 internet bills a month. But I can;t fight any longer with them.  They won the battle with me and they get away with taking my money and not fixing the problem.  I will sure be here watching and cheering you all along. This is a company that is using customer money for research and development. They are charging us full price while they develop their product. It is very unfair and I am quite sure the Federal Trade Commission could be of help if enough complaints were lodged against them. It would take a massive call into their offices to get them to move , but once they do make a move the have the DOJ behind them. These people have a nasty habit of adding stuff to your bill if you are not careful. Be careful as you go against them to watch your bills. They have charges for everything. You have to be aware that they charge people to come out even if it is to check on the installation. Sometime mine would work then I would go long periods with nothing. Then there are people watching what you write and asking questions. But in 18 months I can cancel my service and not have to ever deal with them again. I guess I should be thankful that it's not longer. There is also people on this forum that have mush worse problems than I do. Doesn't it seem that they (Hughes Net) would want to cultivate long term customers , through customer service.
Mean while again I wish you all the luck in the world. 
One last note: someone from Hughes Net told me once that they were part of or a spin off of Hugh's Aviation or Hughes Tool. Well I have read a lot about Howard Hughes he was not a man to do stuff half way. Every thing he did,  he did 1st class . I don't believe that Mr Hughes would be proud of this company using his name. Just my opinion. 
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

This is a company that is using customer money for research and development. They are charging us full price while they develop their product.

Guess you didn't know every company uses customers money for research and development.  How do you think technology progresses?

You have to be aware that they charge people to come out even if it is to check on the installation

If you was an installer and had to drive two hours to a resident (note, installers are contractors, paid per visit, NOT by the hour, nor mile), would you take that trip and only make $65 while spending $40 in fuel?  This is why truck rolls are charged unless it happens to be an issue within the warranty period of the last visit.

Well I have read a lot about Howard Hughes he was not a man to do stuff half way. Every thing he did,  he did 1st class . I don't believe that Mr Hughes would be proud of this company using his name. Just my opinion. 

Actually, M/A-Com Telecommunication was bought by Hughes Aircraft, which was owned by General Motors at the time, because Howard Hughes had died, then there was a sell off or two, a few new companies created, and so on.  In a way, it's just a company name that has been re-purposed over the decades, and is now owned by Echostar.  Much in the same way that Nintendo has changed over the last 100+ years.  Starts as one thing, and eventually evolves into something entirely different, yet keep the same name for simplicity sake.

As for the class-action lawsuit, the lawyer will end up with 90% of the money, and each individual client (winnings are split, that $2.5 Million or what ever, well, imagine splitting that between millions of current and past customers) would get $10 to $20 tops if Hughes did lose, sadly Class Action suits do nothing more than pad lawyers pockets.  But I do wish you good luck.  Your best bet is electing proper senators, and push them to vote in the interest of people for once.
Christopher San

that was good come backs and good responses and yor so very right in class action suits,   Charles !!!!    and not just throwing balls around, Howard Hughes had more failures than successes, just made more money in his successes than his failures, cost him .     and agree on your comment on, senators,
Warren
Alum

Vicente,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the community. I'm sure we can fix some if not all of the issues you are having with your service. Help us identify your account so we can investigate.

Do you have a recent support case number, an account number or your modem serial number to start off?

-Warren
crazy for getti

That was a very good comeback to my comment and you raise some valid points, I guess I was mistaken about some points. But 2 things. The problem I have  was reported with in 5 days of installation. The next thing is I understand your point about development and charging. I know this is how technology happens. I can imagine  how many people must have been upset with Henry Ford. But I believe it is a give and take. These folks aren't much on finding out about the trouble. Have you seen the post on here. There are thousands with all the same story.  
I should have known that someone from Hughes would have a fast come back, and try and make me look like a fool. That's fine because it show a defensive position. But if there is no free forum here;  a forum to negotiate, a solution, then there is no need in me belonging. If Hughes has people just to tear apart  someone comment and paste it up to be foolishness  then it's not much of a forum for resolution. I was thinking that Hughes set this up or maybe participated as a show of good faith. That they were  really interested in improving (RESEARCH) . But I see they are only here to put someones comment down and attempt to make a laughing stock. I have learned alot on this forum but I am appalled at what I learned today from  this "Champion" 
Everyone knows class action lawsuits don't work we would all be old and grey before we collected. And yes I don't live in a cave I understand about research and development. But are we supposed to pay without receiving? From some things I have read here, I am in good shape. Mine works about 60 to 70 % of the time. Some have nothing at all.  All anyone wants here is to get  what we are paying for. That simple. After this gentleman's handling of my comments I can't imagine any better than what is happening now. When you answer like this you are doing nothing for Hughes Net. . Thank you
Pawnee County

Good points Charles like Christopher said true our senators and representatives on both the State and Federal levels need to get their blank together.  I didn't realize that Echostar had purchased Hughes that is the parent of Dish Network as well.  I do know Echostar has been around for a long time I remember Echostar C-Band Satellite systems they were good quality but a bugger to program.  My point there is Dish has mainly State Side Support for both technical and customer service only one Center in the Philippines for after hour support.  So why are we stuck with these non English Speaking Representatives with HughesNet?

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Crazy for getting this,

I really don't think Charles was trying to make you look like a fool but simply saying class-action lawsuits are a joke when it comes to reparations for the customer, which I totally agree with.
Then he explained how the installers profit margins are usually quite low.
Finally, he explained how HughesNet came about its name.
His advise about making Representatives and Senators do their jobs is spot on.
Appears there is plenty of defense to go around.
I don't think he was trying to do anything for HughesNet except to clarify some statements that were made.
You do have to realize that that there are probably at least 10 people who have good, reliable service for every 1 that comes here to complain.
This is ultimately a help forum and there are plenty of folks here willing to help with problems.
Many just complain without wanting help and HughesNet has done absolutely nothing to silence it unless it gets really personally nasty and/or vulgar.

So, to you and Vincente, there are people here willing and able to help. You can take it or leave it. Your choice.
Summerskies

Warren, Please don't forget my speed issues. Today's tests:

Summerskies

Warren, I'm still waiting on a call from you or a rep tool. Thanks.
crazy for getti

thank you for your comment. I originally wrote to Vincente to wish him luck on his attempts to get attention drawn to his problem.  I have been on this forum for a few months, I have not been Vulgar or nasty. As I stated earlier I have use 60 to 70 % of the time. My biggest problem is that when you try to reason with Hughes net you get no where. The people can not speak very good English and I can speak what ever they are speaking. It is frustrating.  However I don't have near the problem that some here have. I think your efforts would be better served talking to people like Vincente rather than me. So with that in mind I will decide to settle on paying 2 internet bills until my 2 years is up. The point I want to make and I haven't got it across is  repeat business. People that continue . I have had the same TV service for 13 years, the same internet with my old company 7 years. Telephone since 1996 with the same company. Had I been able to get things worked out I would have been with Hughes net many years. I am going to take my 60 ot 70 % and go so as not to seem vulgar and /or Nasty.  Again I leave with one thing I have only heard and read that people only want one thing and that is what they are paying for. They should not have to spend valuable time on several web sites and on the phone trying to fix what should have already been fixed. I don't think anyone wants any law suits but if they talk about things they hope they get attention of people in the management at Hughes net. As a rule people don't like law suits. Thank you for the opportunity to make my last post to this. 
Warren
Alum

Summerskies,

Thanks for your reply here. We want to make sure the posts fit the description of the issue here on the community. With the respect of this post, please keep your concerns updated on the post you have originally created on community. That way, we can track updates to the appropriate post.

Please check your original post, as an update has been posted there. 

We appreciate your cooperation and patience.

- Warren
Vicente Vasquez

Well people for me its not about the money. Its about getting what you pay for without excuses. I should not have to call a rep 2 to 3 times a month. At some point you get tired and Im at the point of being tired. Sometimes if you want results you have to go further than just a phone call. If your just satisfied with things as they are then that's fine, but I believe in good customer services. If I ran my business the way they do I would not have one. We as customers of Hughes net deserve the service that we were told that we would be getting at the start, not someone that calls them self a tech because he reads from a sheet of paper or a scene with instruction on what to do about a problem anstartn tells me at the end of the problem that I need a higher priced package. This is after I have explained to them about what I wanted from the start.
Christopher San

Vicente, you would have better response , in this section , than over the phone  , the community forum and better results from here and from the Hughes-Net support Team , to   help you quicker and faster and, or routed to the right people, and a whole lot less stress too !
Warren
Alum

Vicente,

Thanks for your reply. We truly understand your frustration and we are sorry for the poor experiences you have had over the phone.

We want to opportunity to address your concern, but we need to identify your account. Can you please post one of the following -  a recent case number, full name of the account holder, or serial number of your modem so that we may look into this?

- Warren