hughesnet price goughing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leis1qt
New Poster

hughesnet price goughing

I am paying over $80.00 a month for my Hughesnet service which I might add is the absolute worst internet service I've ever had. How can they stay in business charging the incredible amounts they do for the horrible service they provide.Oh thats right they provide for us who live in the outskirts and don't have other options. Hummmm sounds like price goughing to me. Don't we have laws against that that kind of practice here in the United States?

Not once have I been able to watch anything straight through without constant buffering. A Hughes agent suggested I turn off my HD settings on the T.V. Why in Gods name should I have to do that. I never had to do that  with AT&T, or Comcast or Sonic or whoever else I had. In fact I never even heard the word buffering before I had Hughesnet.

To anyone out there with similar feelings

11 REPLIES 11
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@leis1qt 

This is the HughesNet Support Community, not the HughesNet Rant Community.  If you simply want to rant, please do it elsewhere.  If you would like help with your apparent streaming issue, please ask for it in the appropriate section, which is Tech Support. 

As for the price of HughesNet, satellite internet is the most expensive form of residential internet, per capita, to both provide and maintain.  If you feel it's too much you always have the option of calling 866-347-3292 and cancelling your service.    

Wow! Your reply was and is very rude!! Ever hear of FREEDOM OF SPEACH? She's only expressing how she feels and she's absolutely right about the paying customer are being taken advantage of!! I mean after all, Hughesnet has a revenue of $1.39 BILLION dollars!!

@Tx38special wrote:
Wow! Your reply was and is very rude!! Ever hear of FREEDOM OF SPEACH?

No, but we've all heard of Freedom of Speech. Ever hear of a dictionary?

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

It's 6 a.m. and I can spell it any way I want! Good thing your IQ was high enough to figure it out!!!🤦‍♀️

maratsade

This is a privately owned website. Freedom of speech applies to the government, government agencies, and public spaces, as stated in the U.S. Constitution.  HughesNet is not the government, a government agenc, or a public space. 

This site is not about to express how one feels about HughesNet. It is a tech support site, to find solutions to tech problems, which was pointed out to the poster.  There are many sites out there where people go to express their feelings about things, including corporations. This is not one of them. 

HughesNet's revenue has nothing to do with how they view their customers; they are a for profit company, not a charity, so yes, they do have revenue.

Tx38special wrote:
Wow! Your reply was and is very rude!! Ever hear of FREEDOM OF SPEACH? She's only expressing how she feels and she's absolutely right about the paying customer are being taken advantage of!! I mean after all, Hughesnet has a revenue of $1.39 BILLION dollars!!

Well, excuse me! Omg! Touchy, touchy
maratsade

Awww, bless your heart. You are excused. 

Tx38special wrote:
Well, excuse me! Omg! Touchy, touchy

And it's clear to me now, who the share holders are of Hughesnet and this "community "form are.
maratsade

Is it now?  OK.

Tx38special wrote:
And it's clear to me now, who the share holders are of Hughesnet and this "community "form are.

@Tx38special wrote:

I have no idea what you're talking about, but when you air drop into a conversation with an attitude, don't be surprised if you get some attitude in return.

This site isn't social media. It's a user-to-user support area. If you have an account and billing question to raise in this forum, do so. If you have a means to answer the original poster's question, do so.

Otherwise, parachuting in and claiming someone's rights to free speech are being violated is not only incorrect, it's completely inappropriate.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU

@Tx38special wrote:
Ever hear of FREEDOM OF SPEACH?  

Yes, I have, and just like with every other proprietary website on the net, it doesn't fully apply, as there are rules, regulations and decorum expectations with all of them.   

Secondly, as evidently needs to be said again, this is a SUPPORT site, not a RANT site.  If you simply want to rant, please do it elsewhere.