overcharge on bill

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crj
New Poster

overcharge on bill

I do not know why I am being billed $104 extra on this last bill  Your phone line is constantly busy for the last 24 hrs  I have called 32 times and no answer  By your billing me this extra $104 has caused me overdraft fees so far in the amount of $35 I would like an immediate response as there may be more overdrafts coming and I am on a fixed income and will not get any money until the middle of the month  You really are a piece of work to do this to someone

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello crj,

Welcome to our community and thank you for reaching out to us here. I was able to locate your account and review the billing information. As GabeU mentions, the bank account or card on file on your account will be charged the date your bill is generated, with the final day to pay before alerts begin appearing over the service regarding the billing status occurring 10 days from the issue date. 

I do see that our agents were able to provide you with the credit for the modem and a refund for the overdraft charges. Please let me know if there is anything else that we can assist with or if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Amanda

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@crj

The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, so the earliest you may hear from a rep on here is Monday.  In the meantime, you can sign into the HughesNet myAccount site, click the My Bill tab, and then click on Current Invoice.  In the popup, scroll to the bottom and click "View Site Details" on the bottom left.  This view will give you a complete breakdown of the current invoice, showing what each and every charge is for.  You can also look at the breakdowns of your past invoices in the same way.  

http://my.hughesnet.com/myaccount

you took my money out on the 29th day of March and my bill is not due until April 8 2018  You have your modem and you now owe me $125 plus the 35 overcharge plus the disconection of my phone  you are a piece of work   it is called communication  if there was a problem I should have been notified and not billed a week early and for charges that are non existent  Iam so sorry I ever bought your stupid satelite  It has been nothing but a headache with your billing department for the last 11 years on top of that your phone is consistently busy I have over 50 calls in the last 24 hours and all I get is busy busy   So crappy customer service is all you are good for  no wonder people I know are geting rid of your services  I may be next  It is not worth the headache of billing problems

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@crj

Are you sure you're calling the correct number?  The number for residential accounts is 866-347-3292.  I just dialed it five times over the last twenty minutes (once every five minutes) and it went through each time.  No busy signal.  

Keep in mind that automatic payments are charged the day the invoice is created.  The due date is for manual payments.  

When the reps are back on I'm sure they'll help you.  

Hello crj,

Welcome to our community and thank you for reaching out to us here. I was able to locate your account and review the billing information. As GabeU mentions, the bank account or card on file on your account will be charged the date your bill is generated, with the final day to pay before alerts begin appearing over the service regarding the billing status occurring 10 days from the issue date. 

I do see that our agents were able to provide you with the credit for the modem and a refund for the overdraft charges. Please let me know if there is anything else that we can assist with or if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Amanda