Did you mean: 
AL24
New Poster

---

---

5 REPLIES 5
MarkJFine
Professor

Were you investing in HughesNet or EchoStar stock? Satellite futures? You really have no idea what a Ponzi scheme is, do you?

Anyway, if you feel the sales people lied to you, the admins will be able to have your sales call reviewed. They will return on Tuesday after the holday weekend. @Liz @Amanda

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

@MarkJFine I have looked through this community multiple times to try to see if the complaints are similar to mine, come to find out, they generally are, issues with both speed and customer service, so they are turning here. Between you and a handful of contributers on here, I am trying to decide whether you work for hughes net and you monitor these posts to defend the company, and pose as a customer, or you are just an arrogant jerk who gets his jollies off making others feel inferior. Your response here, as on many other posts, bleeds condescention into a customer who is clearly frustrated, and does nothing except antagonize a customer further. You, sir, and I use that term loosely, are either an employee of HN andvery bad at customer service, or you are a repugnant jerk who believes that sarcasm is the best way to deal with an upset customer. 

Have a nice day.

@ncole123455
You're welcome to your opinion, but I'm not an employee. I see a lot of people making a lot of ridiculous claims that make no logical sense, such as 'Ponzi scheme' here. Not only is the term used incorrectly, it is vicious and libellous. Are you saying this and other such outbursts are acceptable behavior? When people parachute into others' request for help with similar accusations that distract from it, is this also acceptable behavior? Sorry if I prefer to let people know it isn't. And I'm letting you know right now, neither is your's.

As far as my responses go, in every one I try to educate people on the technical aspects of what's going on - not have them dwell on myths and supposition. You seem to take exception to that and think that's being a condescending and arrogant jerk. I thank you for taking the time to do an expansive search of all my responses to come to that incorrect conclusion.

Good luck in here getting help from others that also volunteer their time. I certainly won't bother with someone that prefers to deal in such personal attacks and insults. I doubt anyone else would either as I'll be sure to let them know.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@ncole123455

People tend to get a different reaction when, rather than simply stating an issue and asking for help, even while including their frustration, they make ridiculous assertions like, "This is a Ponzi Scheme...."

Frustration is one thing.  Ridiculous assertions are another.  

People also tend to get an "unkind" reaction when they are simply here to rant.  This is a support community, not a rant site.  Nor does it become so because they are frustrated.  

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

@AL24 wrote:
This service is a Ponzi scheme that is making someone very rich. The sales representative blatantly and proactively lied about this service. She went out of her way to lie about it in regards to streaming and gaming. Tech support was not interested in assisting with service so slow I have to use my cell service to even post this. If this does not improve, I’ll be contacting the Better Business Bureau.

Intriguing.  Do you think there is some kind of investing hanky panky going on at some level, then?  (Ponzi schemes having to do with investments and all).