Hughesnet Community

Tried to cancel service by phone - was told the service was not available and to call back

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rosemaryhughes

Tried to cancel service by phone - was told the service was not available and to call back

I called and finally, after lots of pressing, got to the area to disconnect service.  Then received the wonderful message: The service is not available, please call back.

I tried chatting and was told "I have limited services I can provide" please call customer service, they are availabie 24/7.  Well, obviously not.

Looks like I send a letter via US mail, the old fashioned way.  

A company like this should let me cancel without having to try to be "sold" to keep service by anyone.

Oh well, I knew this would be difficult.

1 REPLY 1
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

• You can only cancel by phone.
  • All ISPs pressure you to stay, often very aggressively, not just HughesNet -- "a company like this" would've done the exact same. 
  • Was your service canceled or not?
  • If your service was canceled, it will run until the last day of your current billing period. For immediate canceling, you have to ask them to cancel it right away. 
  • One of the reps on this site can probably look into your account to see what happened. If you'd like them to do that, you should ask.  If you're just posting a review, then this is not the right site to do so. There are plenty of other sites on the internet to review the service. This site is for tech and account support.