Hughesnet Community

trying to get an email address to submit supporting documentation regarding a double billing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TVS
New Poster

trying to get an email address to submit supporting documentation regarding a double billing

I am trying to get an email address via which I can submit the supporting document for this issue.

Case #143738627

I contacted the customer service (Billing) regarding a double charge to my checking account for my February payment.  They provided an  email address (advancedsupport@Hughes.net) for supporting information to be sent for the overcharge to be addressed.  I tried to send the information but it was returned as not being a valid email address.  My problem is my checking account indicates two withdrawals from my checking account for the February HughesNet payment.  I would like to submit a PDF of the summary material from my checking account which was processed through my bank on Feb 7 (which is the first business day following the payment)  and shows two HughesNet related withdrawals from my account with a deduction occuring with each transaction.  Both of the withdrawals are in the amount of $126.75 and February is the first month for this new rate.   We were not behind on any payments as the account has been on auto pay for several years so that is not the reason for a double payment.  One of the items is listed as a "Debit Card Preauth" and the other is listed as an "ATM RCR payment".  Both of these were processed on the same day and both resulted in $126.75 being withdrawn from my account. 

Trying to get some help with this.  Tried to use chat and no one replied while I waited for over 15 minutes.  Sent an email through the contact us link on the website and am waiting on a reply from there.  Only talked to the billing folks at customer service 4 times so far.  Got "disconnected" twice and then given incorrect email address to send supporting info.  Tried to get correct email address but the last one said send it through the contact us link but that does not allow attachments.  Asked for correct email address on the contact us link but asking here as well to see if I can get any help.

3 REPLIES 3
Damian

Hello @TVS,  

Thank you for reaching out to us. I sent a private message to you with the email address you requested. I have confidence that your issue will be resolved by our billing team.   

-Damian 

Please verify that I understood the address correctly because if I did it does not receive email from a gmail address apparently.

Error Icon

Address not found

Your message wasn't delivered to advancedsupport@hughes.net because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail.

@TVS,

I see and thank you for providing me with this. I will reach out internally to make sure this is still an active email address to send documentation to. 

In the meantime, I can provide any details regarding this payment, as I do have access to your billing information. I can confirm that a payment for $126.75 was made by your credit card on 2/5/2022. The previous month was for $116 on 1/5/2022. The increase in your bill was due to the service upgrade that took place for our customers. Your original plan was the 30GB plan. That plan has now been dissolved and replaced by the 45GB plan. You are paying an increase of roughly $10 for 15GB more a month. You can downgrade or upgrade anytime for a plan that better fits your needs. Proration also appears to be a part of the increase in your monthly bill. You can view this information for yourself by following the instructions here: http://hninfo.us/viewbill. If you want to see a breakdown of your bill, open the bill and click the "Account Charges" link in the bottom left corner. There will be a print-friendly version that you can save as a pdf after you click on the "view" tab.

When it comes to the double charge you see on your bank statement, I would say the "Debit Card Preauth" is exactly as stated. Credit card providers usually put temporary holds on the amount which reduces the available balance for a time. It appears as a double charge when it usually isn't. In my personal experience, pre-authorizations fall off after a period of time and eventually reflect accurately. For an even better explanation, calling your card provider would be worthwhile and provide a better understanding. I'm sure they could explain it much more accurately. 

-Damian