cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely Useless.

Sophomore

Re: Absolutely Useless.

@maratsade wrote:

"social media: noun, websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking."

You're right, that's what social media is. And this community is not social media, as it is not  for enabling users to create and share content nor to participate in social networking.  And it's definitely not for venting. If you would like to vent, go to social media (Facebook, Twitter, and the like). 

I was waiting for your reply.

Distinguished Professor IV

@thewarehouse wrote: 

Well, gee. You're a tough one.

Maybe so, but arguing the definitions of social media and the description of this particular section seems pointless and makes absolutely no difference to the fact that this community is not for venting.  It's nothing against you, just the argument you're apparently trying to make.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Professor

Aww, bless your heart. 

thewarehouse wrote:

I was waiting for your reply.

Assistant Professor

Not to be pedantic, but...

This is just a message board for the purpose of customer-assisted support.

This particular forum under this message board is meant as a light-hearted relief from some of the consternation that occurs in some of the other forums. A break room, if you will. It can appear to be social media-like given the content, but that's as far as it goes.

We really do frown on any kind of venting and negativity in this forum because although that might seem light-hearted to some, it isn't. All it does is defeat the forum's purpose.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

I had the same experience as far as data usage. I unplug my modem when not using and it made a world of difference. Hughes net will tell you not to do that but it works. I t won't help the slow speed but saves a lot on data.

@Lester wrote:
I unplug my modem when not using 

I've done the same since the day I got HughesNet in Dec 2004.  When my desktop computer gets turned off, the modem gets unplugged.  I don't do it for data reasons, though, but only because I don't want it on when I'm not using it.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

Some people only have ONE choice of Internet providers and HN certainly takes advantage of this fact, seeing that they charge exhorbitant prices for next-to-nothing bandwidth.

Tags (1)

@Dis-satisfied wrote:

Some people only have ONE choice of Internet providers and HN certainly takes advantage of this fact, seeing that they charge exhorbitant prices for next-to-nothing bandwidth.

Satellite internet is the most expensive form of internet, per capita, to both provide and maintain.  As well, the majority of HughesNet's 1.3 million customers seem to have no problems with them, or at least they don't indicate so online.  

Plenty of bandwidth here.  

If you have an issue, take advantage of the HughesNet SUPPORT Community and ask for help.

New Poster

Lol, that's EXACTLY what they indicate- slow speeds, constant buffering, etc.. and for people on fixed incomes, there is only ONE choice.

@GabeU wrote:

@Dis-satisfied wrote:

Satellite internet is the most expensive form of internet, per capita, to both provide and maintain.  As well, the majority of HughesNet's 1.3 million customers seem to have no problems with them, or at least they don't indicate so online.  

Plenty of bandwidth here.  

If you have an issue, take advantage of the HughesNet SUPPORT Community and ask for help.

Highlighted

@Dis-satisfied wrote:

Lol, that's EXACTLY what they indicate- slow speeds, constant buffering, etc.. and for people on fixed incomes, there is only ONE choice. 

"They" represent less than one half of one percent of HughesNet's customer base, and that includes complaints of all types, such as those regrading data usage, which make up a large portion, and which are rarely ever the fault of HughesNet, and duplicates.  And the blame for other providers not offering their services is on those providers, not HughesNet.  

And again, as stated, if you're having an issue, take advantage of this SUPPORT community and ask for help.