Best web browser

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SherriB
New Poster

Best web browser

I am not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask this question, or if anyone can help, but...

Can anyone please advise what is the BEST web browser in your opinion? I just switched to hughesnet and have Windows 10...with hughesnet, does it really matter? I have been using Edge, and am experiencing lagging...any ideas? Mozilla? Chrome? Any help appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

I use Chrome, but to each his/her own.  Firefox is also very popular.  Those two are probably the most popular.  

If you'd like help with troubleshooting the lagging issue, please start a new topic in Tech Support, which you can do here... 

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/TechSupport

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

I use Chrome, but to each his/her own.  Firefox is also very popular.  Those two are probably the most popular.  

If you'd like help with troubleshooting the lagging issue, please start a new topic in Tech Support, which you can do here... 

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/TechSupport

SherriB
New Poster

Thank you for your response. I decided to try Chrome...thus far...much better! Thank you again, for the reply!

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

I know I am a bit late to the party... But the majority of users seem to prefer Chrome for one reason or another...  I personally like it because I can sync it with my google account, which I also use on my tablets and phones, which makes logging into websites anywhere, much, much easier.

It's also pretty stable compared to Edge and IE...

450,000 visitors, and it looks like most love Chrome or Safari
browser usage.JPG

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Would like to add that if coming from ground cable internet with latency of 20-50 ms then browsing will seem laggy in general due to the higher latency on satellite. Pages can take a few seconds to load and depending on the content even longer.

I found the agent to be helpful in opening a new account but... but it took 1hr and 20 min and when all the data that I entered for the fourth time, I waited for 15 min for my I6 to load the data and it never did. Finally hung up in disgust. Worst sign-in I have ever experienced. Then you guys wanted me to fill out a survey and it timed me out half way through the survey. You should be glad you are the only game in town or I would find another provider. Sincerely, Dr. M

"Think I'll just respond to anything, disregarding the topic, showing my ignorance and regard everyone on here as 'you guys'"....

non-sequitir wut? tourettes much?

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.