cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ES19 slowdown tonight? 9/10/2018

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor I

ES19 slowdown tonight? 9/10/2018

For those on the ES19 who normally have decent speeds, is anyone else seeing a significant slowdown tonight? At 9:33PM EST.  

This question if only for those mentioned.  Please do not turn this thread into a rant against HughesNet.  Thank you.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
29 REPLIES
Junior

Re: ES19 slowdown tonight? 9/10/2018

I'm in California. I got home from work at 5;00 Haven't noticed a slow down. in fact it's going pretty fast for me and I'm in FAP.

Associate Professor

I noticed a slowdown, but there have been slowdowns for me this week around the times when most people are expected to be home. It was very significant on the weekend.  I've also had trouble reaching sites, but all those sites are weather sites or sites covering the impending hurricane.   I think in my case it's just congestion. 

@GabeU wrote:

For those on the ES19 who normally have decent speeds, is anyone else seeing a significant slowdown tonight? At 9:33PM EST.  

This question if only for those mentioned.  Please do not turn this thread into a rant against HughesNet.  Thank you.  

Senior Instructor

Monday Night Football...

Phenomena is not just Sunday afternoons.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Associate Professor

Yep, there's that too, definitely.  Smiley Happy

@MarkJFine wrote:

Monday Night Football...

Phenomena is not just Sunday afternoons.

Senior Instructor

I post our podcast weekly on Mondays for a 10am Tuesday publication time. I have to pull down the raw file from our Slack channel before post-production and SFTPing it to the site. If I can get it done before 4 or 5pm Monday during football season it's a good thing, but it depends upon when the file is ready. Otherwise, I just leave it until early morning Tuesday.

All the streamers and cord-cutters eating bandwidth, then they complain "I can't stream", "too much buffering", "unwatchable" when it's the main source of the problem. Every. single. time. #smh

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Associate Professor

"All the streamers and cord-cutters eating bandwidth, then they complain "I can't stream", "too much buffering", "unwatchable" when it's the main source of the problem. Every. single. time. #smh"

Yes. Those who create the problem complain about the problem. It goes to false expectations. 

Senior Instructor

@maratsade wrote:
Yes. Those who create the problem complain about the problem. It goes to false expectations. 

In space, no one can hear you scream.

Advanced Tutor

What if we send all the complainers ( not those that have real issues ) in space. Thier Mission to fix the satelite to thier expectations. They can return only if the satelite is fixed to our expectations.

Senior Instructor

Better idea:
1. Gate them to some barren rock.
2. Send the Odyssey or Daedalus to beam the rock's gate and dhd off the planet once they get there.