cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favorite Books?

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Favorite Books?

I'm not much of a novel reader, as I don't really have the longer or more relaxed attention span required for it, but I do like reference works, and especially those concerning history.  I'm a sponge when it comes to historical information, and especially that concerning WWII, though the older I get the less of it I retain.  Smiley Tongue  I can also get lost for hours in Wikipedia articles.  

I am currently reading Marcus Aurelius' Meditations, though, which is a bit odd considering I don't normally read things like that.    

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

"am currently reading Marcus Aurelius' Meditations, though, which is a bit odd considering I don't normally read things like that. "

I love the Meditations.  Yes, I'm weird.

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

"am currently reading Marcus Aurelius' Meditations, though, which is a bit odd considering I don't normally read things like that. "

I love the Meditations.  Yes, I'm weird.

It's definitely a good book.  He was a pretty brilliant guy.  

BTW, did you notice that the introduction was LOOOOOONG for such a small book?   I thought, nah, this has got to be a mistake.  A third of the book is the introduction!  Smiley Tongue 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
maratsade

He was amazing, and YES, they do make you wait a bit with that long intro!

Liz

That sounds intense, but I'm intrigued, so I'll look into it.

Don't really have a fave, but one very memorable book that affected me was house of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski. It made me scared of the dark again as an adult. Robot surprised A spooky and creatively mind-bending read.hol.jpg

I do have a couple of fave authors: Kurt Vonnegut and Haruki Murakami, but sadly it's been a few years since I picked up and (re)read any of their books.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

GabeU

@Liz 

After reading a little about that book, it sound very interesting, and most definitely unique.  

maratsade

I love House of Leaves. It's weird and creepy. 

@Liz wrote:

Don't really have a fave, but one very memorable book that affected me was house of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski. It made me scared of the dark again as an adult. Robot surprised A spooky and creatively mind-bending read.hol.jpg

-Liz