It's National Peanut Butter Day!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Liz

It's National Peanut Butter Day!

peanut butter - belchonock.jpg

As someone who is allergic to peanuts, I have to ask: What's so great about peanut butter?

What is it about the PB and jelly combo? Or PB and chocolate? 

Do you really eat it straight out of the jar? How do you enjoy your PB?

What do you think will be the "Superb Owl" reveal around Mr. Peanut's supposed death

I just have sooo may questions...

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

10 REPLIES 10
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I'm English, but I've loved peanut butter for years, and I often eat it out of the jar with a spoon.   Being English, I also love Marmite and Vegemite ....

MarkJFine
Professor

Peanut butter

Almond butter

Hazelnut butter (what the original Nutella was before they added a ton of chocolate, but I'll take that too)

Love all of them for the protein (and the taste), but I don't like all the fat.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Liz

I still need to try Marmite and Vegemite to see the appeal. Well, I think I tried one of those long ago, but all I remember now is that I didn't like it at all. Hahhaha.

Curious to try hazelnut butter... 

My fave almond butter is Barney Butter. It was so tasty and addicting that I vowed never to buy it again. LOL

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

I've had Vegemite at an Australian Day party once. Tasted like salt paste.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

To me Vegemite is much sweeter than Marmite. Both are excellent on toast. 

@MarkJFine wrote:

I've had Vegemite at an Australian Day party once. Tasted like salt paste.

maratsade

I think the appeal is limited to people from the Commonwealth...

@Liz wrote:

I still need to try Marmite and Vegemite to see the appeal.

Liz

Salt paste... well... I like salt. We'll see!

GabeU

@Liz 

I'm not a big peanut butter person, but I do like a good PB&J and I do like to dip a Hershey's bar into a jar of peanut butter once in a while.  Sometimes Reese's just doesn't cut it and I need the real thing.  😛 

When I was younger I ate it straight out of the jar, though I didn't pull a Puck ("The Real World: San Fransisco" reference) and use my fingers.  

"I still need to try Marmite and Vegemite to see the appeal."  -  If you like the smell of yeast in a bakery and the taste of salty things you might like them.  It's definitely an acquired taste.  VERY strong.  I like Vegemite, though I haven't had it in years.

oh gross, I forgot about that Puck visual until you brought it up LOL

I'll have to find some marmite and vegemite so I can have a tasting party with friends.

-Liz

maratsade

I'd like to see  a post-party report. 😉

@Liz wrote:

I'll have to find some marmite and vegemite so I can have a tasting party with friends.

-Liz