Happy Pi Day!!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sweetpea3829
Tutor

Happy Pi Day!!!!

So, what kinds of pie are you having? Lemon meringue for us.
22 REPLIES 22
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

pi-day.jpg

YES!!!! Did you bake this?
GabeU

Ya know, you see pictures of pies with the Pi symbol on them, and with the 3.14 string, but none with 22/7.  LOL.  That 22/7 is feeling like an outcast!  😛  

Happy Pi Day!!!!

😂😂😂

Did you get any pie today, Gabe? I took a break from my health(ier) eating and had some lemon meringue for breakfast. OK ok, I had some for lunch, too. *shame spiral.

But pie calories don't count on pi day!
maratsade

Lemon is a fruit, so it's good for you.  And meringue has no calories. Honest. 

@Sweetpea3829wrote:
😂😂😂

Did you get any pie today, Gabe? I took a break from my health(ier) eating and had some lemon meringue for breakfast. OK ok, I had some for lunch, too. *shame spiral.

GabeU

@Sweetpea3829wrote:
😂😂😂

Nope, but I do have a chocolate creme pie in my freezer just waiting to be eaten!  🙂  

Well get on that, Gabe!

I SO wanted a chocolate cream pie! It's one of my favs. But my sweetie wanted lemon meringue and I didn't dare buy both, lol! I have no willpower!

maratsade

I WISH.  🙂

@Sweetpea3829wrote:
YES!!!! Did you bake this?

maratsade

I have to say that it was a sad day in that we lost Stephen Hawking today -- but leaving on Pi Day was classy of him. 

GabeU

@maratsadewrote:

I have to say that it was a sad day in that we lost Stephen Hawking today -- but leaving on Pi Day was classy of him. 

Oh, wow.  I wasn't aware of this.  That certainly IS sad.  😞 

maratsade

It's very sad and weird that he's not in the world anymore. Not that I knew him or anything, but it's like with the Queen -- I never knew a world without her, and ditto for Hawking.  ETA: the Queen is not dead, but she's getting on and I've thought how weird it'll be to have a King. 

It's also Einstein's birthday. He (edited to clarify that I'm referring to Hawkin) went out in style. And now he knows all the answers that we can only contemplate.

I'm trying so hard to not eat more pie, lol!
maratsade

@Sweetpea3829,  step away from the pie. 

The only thing stopping me is that my youngest son hasn't finished his school work yet (grrrrrr) and nobody gets pie until he's done, showered and had dinner.

With some luck, my husband will be home from clearing the roads before the boy gets done, lol. He'll make sure I behave.
maratsade

Well, just don't make me call the pie cops..... LOL

😂😂😂
GabeU

Well, it's out of the freezer and thawing in the fridge, but it doesn't need to thaw all the way.  😛  

Oh heck no! Partially frozen is best! Why aren't we neighbors?!

The young'un has finally finished his work, and his beans and franks, and is headed to the shower. Joe should be home around 9:15 (our county stops plowing at 9pm, lol).

I *think I can hold out and not eat more pie!

In the meantime, the other kids and I are watching BBC Earth. Any of you seen this show? It's horrible! The kids and I are screaming, lol. "RUN BABY IGUANAS! RUN!!!"

These nature shows are not for the faint of heart!

Made it, lol! Truth be told, I'm a little too full of beans and franks myself, lol!
GabeU

@Sweetpea3829wrote:
 Joe should be home around 9:15 (our county stops plowing at 9pm, lol).

Wow.  Ours plows 24/7.  Actually, I think it's the town, not the county.