cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let's get some inspiration!

Liz

Let's get some inspiration!

It's Inspire Your Heart with Art day!

What kind of art do you enjoy? Music? Paintings? Movies? What makes your heart happy or even inspires you to be creative?

For the past couple years I've been into drawing and painting. Inspired by yesterday's croissant holiday, I painted some quick watercolor croissants this morning:

croissants.png

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

16 REPLIES 16
Jay

Re: Let's get some inspiration!

I went to school for graphic design and in high school/college did a ton of different sketches, sculptures, paintings, digital drawings, designs, and even replicated a sneaker out of scotch tape (3D foundations was fun) 

Here's some sketches from wayyyyyyy back in the day circa 2011

Ignore the circle, it's only there to cover my signature

I won't share any of my finished digital drawings out of fear of being reverse Google searched Smiley LOL

As for other arts, I was in Jazz Band in highschool where I played tenor and alto saxophone, but recently I've been teaching myself bass.

-Jay

maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

Zero talent for art here.  I'm going to sit and wait for the next food related national day. Smiley Wink

maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

I'm told tomorrow is National Baked Alaska day.   Awesome. 

Liz

Ummm hello what??? This is news to me, Jay. Drop me your IG. XD

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

MarkJFine
Associate Professor

A budding Jim Lee.... that looks like his style of shading, etc.

And while we're talking guitars... I'll humble brag about my American Standard Strat and Studio Les Paul...20110621-2022.jpg

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@MarkJFine 

Love the Les Paul.  I friend of mine just got a Less Paul Studio a couple of months ago and he loves it.  I haven't seen it but he's gigged with it a few times with his band.  

I had a Gun Metal Blue Standard Strat (not American) that I had to sell due to neurological issues that prevent me from being able to play anymore, but I was able to sell it to that same friend and he's gigged a few times using that one, as well.  Very different sounds between the two, of course. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
MarkJFine
Associate Professor

The Studio has a minor quirk where you have to be careful about winding the G string. Over time the bend where the string goes in the tuning peg breaks, so you end up retuning 50 million times as it just slips around the peg. At that point you just restring all of it with a new set. Unsure if it's due to the string thickness and how many times you bend it, but it's one of two longest strings on that kind of headstock so there's more tension. Plus, I know I bend a G more often than a D (don't think I ever bent a D, actually).

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@MarkJFine 

That's interesting.  I had a Cort when I was a teen that did that a few times.  Granted, I played mostly rhythm, so I wasn't putting more tension on the strings with bends or the tremolo very often, but it would still happen.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Jay

@GabeU @MarkJFine What kind of music did/do you play? I'm into funk and motown so I've been learning a bunch of James Jamerson bass lines.

-Jay