PROMISES....... PROMISES

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
galaxiemn19
New Poster

PROMISES....... PROMISES

Had an Internet service prior to Hughes Net that wasn't reliable. Wouldn't take care of problems we were having, just put a bandage on and said "Here you go"! Called Hughes Net and talked to the representative. He made claims that were quite impressive. "You know when you use your debit card at the convenience store, they use Hughes Net." he said. Well, I had the service installed and so far it has been the biggest mistake I've made. During the day when most of use are working, I can get 20, 30, 40 Mbps download speed. From about 5:00 pm till after midnight, I'm lucky to get 7 or 8 Mbps download speeds. I have had several phone conversations with several different people on Tech Support. We usually go through the same routine, SPEED CHECK, SPEED CHECK, SPEED CHECK!!! I used almost a full months data in the first three days of the billing cycle! I have had some tell me that because it's "PEEK TIME" that my 6, 7, 8 Mbps is acceptable. While a few have said that it far below parameters and there is a problem that needs to be corrected. The service I am getting in the evening will not allow me to stream any shows or movies off the TV Apps.  I feel since I was led to believe that this was such an outstanding service, I should have the "DISCONNECT FEE" waved. They've made claims they can't or won't keep. Or maybe their representatives should explain more of what you are REALLY getting! Tell it like it really is!

1 REPLY 1
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

If you feel that you were misled you can request a review of your sales call if it has not been more than three months since you signed up.  You can do so in the "myAccount and Billing" section.  

This particular section (General Discussion) is not for Hughesnet support.