Hughesnet Community

Printers not working on workstations since going to Hughes SAT.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robertg570
New Poster

Printers not working on workstations since going to Hughes SAT.

My syste worked fine on DSL networking wise. Since I have gone Hughes net my workstations will not print. I am running one desk top used as a server and the printer is connected to it via USB. Neither of my existing (and were working) workstations will not print. Any suggestions? I am running upgraded WIN10 all all systems.

I did call into the help desk about why I did not see the network in explorer. They corrected thaat however I still cannot print  from the work stations.

1 REPLY 1
MarkJFine
Professor

Have you tried asking in the area called "Tech Support", where it would be more widely viewed by people with possibly the same problem?

This area is (as clearly labeled) "General Discussion: A place to chat about tech or tech-related topics and just have fun. 🙂 *NOT FOR HUGHESNET SUPPORT*"

That said, since you've moved from DSL to HughesNet, your printing subnet will likely have also changed from what it previously was (192.168.1.x is likely) to 192.168.42.x (if using the HT2000w's built-in router). Maybe that's a clue in the right direction. Perhaps your printer settings need to adapt to work on the new subnet as well.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.