Sales will say anything to sell a product

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ets414
New Poster

Sales will say anything to sell a product

When I called to ask about Hughsnet the sales person said she used streaming and watched movies a lot of hours per day with the same plan she was selling me and I thought about it. I called back and purchased a plan I thought I would be able to use like the salesperson said and watch hours of movies every day when I decided to get Netflix.  I run out of my GBs so fast I never really notice when I have them. When I started to try to use Netflix I found it buffered for longer periods than it actually played the movie. I believe they will say anything to sell a plan. I am almost done with my contract and am looking forward to getting a service that will give me what I need at a reasonable price.

Also be aware there is no trial period once they install it you're stuck with it unless you want to pay penalties.

sales,deceit,deception,dishonesty,disinformation,distortion,evasion,fabrication,falsehood,fiction,inaccuracy,misrepresentation, netflix,streaming,recommendations,trial period,lies,

5 REPLIES 5
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

While you may have legitimate concerns and your sales experience may have been with a crooked salesperson, assuming that everyone has the same experience is quite simplistic.  You also neglected to do your duty as a consumer, and that duty is to not believe what sales people tell you and do your own thorough research before purchasing something. Don't expect salespeople to do your homework for you. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

@ets414 wrote:

When I called to ask about Hughsnet the sales person said she used streaming and watched movies a lot of hours per day with the same plan she was selling me and I thought about it. I called back and purchased a plan I thought I would be able to use like the salesperson said and watch hours of movies every day when I decided to get Netflix.  I run out of my GBs so fast I never really notice when I have them. When I started to try to use Netflix I found it buffered for longer periods than it actually played the movie. I believe they will say anything to sell a plan. I am almost done with my contract and am looking forward to getting a service that will give me what I need at a reasonable price.

Also be aware there is no trial period once they install it you're stuck with it unless you want to pay penalties.

GabeU

A consumer should always thoroughly research a product or service before they purchase it.  They should also have a basic understanding of what that product or service provides.  Should a salesperson flat out lie?  Of course not, but that knowledge would negate any fluff a salesperson tries to use to sell that product or service.  

Good luck with your new ISP. 

I have the same problem, I have Netflix and I can’t even watch a movie because it buffers forever, then it will say to try again, when I run a test with Netflix, it says my internet connection is weak and when I run their test, it comes back as 0.982 but then I go to Hughes and check the strength and it says Excellent 25 minutes s. That’s bull! I still have about about 20 months on my contract, but I just might say forget it!!

maratsade

This is another of those threads that could benefit from being closed by the mods..... 

CowboyPoet

There is an old saying Caveat Emptor, let the buyer beware. I was told of the wonders of watching all the movies I wanted, but they did admit that World of Warcraft play was not going to happen. This told me, that neither will streaming movies be a going concern either.  Way back when I was in military we also had a saying, which oddly enough showed up again when I started my second career in health care; "If it's not in writing, it's not (going to/did not) happen.