Same problem as others !

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rascal777jimmy
Sophomore

Same problem as others !

My bill was supposed to be $40.00 per month , the rep. lied to me ! All of a sudden in the last two weeks my service has slowed to nearly 0 ! Shows that I have used up the good part ! I have not been on as much this period ! Can't get a streight answer from support . Need to be able to talk to someone that can speak good English . Need to know when my contract is up so I can get Hughesnet junk off my property ! I was ok with the service till now . I've been mislead !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Rascal777jimmy

It's possible that the cause of your data being used is the new Dish Network equipment.  I'm not familiar with Dish Network, personally, but I can say that utilizing data is one of the reasons connecting a DirecTV receiver to HughesNet is usually advised against.  DirecTV's receivers can use data for things other than just On Demand viewing, such as Guide updates, and movie and TV show descriptions, and possibly even downloading those occasionally available "instant watch" films that are normally downloaded through DirecTV's own satellite dish.  I don't know if Dish's equipment does the same thing, but it might.  

I would advise, at least for the time being, disconnecting the Dish equipment from the HughesNet service to see if anything changes.  Of course, you'll only know if it does if you have data available and are not in FAP, but I suspect this may very well be where the data usage issue lies.  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GabeU

@Rascal777jimmy

If you have exhausted your data allowance, the speed of the service will be reduced to "as low as or lower than 1Mbps."  

Are you doing any streaming?  Do you have the service connected to a satellite TV receiver?  What devices do you have connected to the service?  

If I have to eat crow please have it well done ! A couple of months ago Dish Networks forced a DVR replacement to the new Hopper ! They did hook it and 2 joeys to my Hughesnet ! Stateing that it would not change any of my service ! Just got reminded of that by my wife ! I hope they were truthfull about this ! I have not been haveing the problem with the loss of service but about 2 weeks ! Now I don't know what to do or say !! If I'm posting wrong tell me what to do . I'm not a computer geek . 

GabeU

@Rascal777jimmy

It's possible that the cause of your data being used is the new Dish Network equipment.  I'm not familiar with Dish Network, personally, but I can say that utilizing data is one of the reasons connecting a DirecTV receiver to HughesNet is usually advised against.  DirecTV's receivers can use data for things other than just On Demand viewing, such as Guide updates, and movie and TV show descriptions, and possibly even downloading those occasionally available "instant watch" films that are normally downloaded through DirecTV's own satellite dish.  I don't know if Dish's equipment does the same thing, but it might.  

I would advise, at least for the time being, disconnecting the Dish equipment from the HughesNet service to see if anything changes.  Of course, you'll only know if it does if you have data available and are not in FAP, but I suspect this may very well be where the data usage issue lies.  

As soon as the next cycle starts I will try that ! If it works then Dish will be notified to correct it . Thanks for the info . It's worth a try !