Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkJFine
Professor

Seeing a trend here...

So...

@Hal(Jordan) has a Green Lantern avi.

@Jay(Garrick) has a new-ish looking Flash avi.

Definite DC-related trend going here... I may have to change my name to Bruce.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
10 REPLIES 10
Jay

I've been found out.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Liz Lemon breaks the trend.... And I don't know who Amanda is.  Edit: And Felicia Hardy is Marvel.

Definite DC-related trend going here... I may have to change my name to Bruce.

Don't recognize the avi tho... Spider-Woman?

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Simply Marvelous!

Marvel.jpg

That's my era. When comics looked like comics.

@MarkJFine
It's from the newest redesign of Spider-Man 2099.

Spider-Man209920152-p18

Ah. Ok.

I kinda gave up on Spider-Man after the Doc Oc swap thing, killing off Peter Parker, Miles Morales, then ultimately brought him back a year after issue 700 with all the dot-issues.

All these reboots get to be a bit much. DC's got it's share rebooting Superman with Bendis on the team.

I really enjoyed Superior Spider-Man for what it was and I also love Miles Morales, but I'll always be a Peter Parker guy.

I wasn't reading Superman before Bendis took over; I'm hoping that he has something interesting to bring to the table. Superman has been pretty stale in his own books for a while now.

Not gonna lie. DC kinda went full-on crazy starting with the New 52 reboots, only having to start it all over again with Rebirth. Reboot-mania.

Having read these things since the 60's (and even had some older issues going back to the 40s that I really wish I had on paper now) I have to say the artwork improved tremendously, but at the expense of good, concise (even if it's cheesy) story telling.

Nowadays, everything's a 3-6 issue arc (read: protracted drama) that you half-forget what's going on before the next issue's even released two weeks later. Back in the day they were like 40-60 pages each of a complete story and came out weekly, vice 20 pages bi-weekly now. Not even going to say a word about the per-issue cost.

And yes, Superman's been stale since they killed him off the first time in '92.

The New 52 was such a mess!

I'm pretty big on collecting older key issues (the oldest book I own is Teen Titans #1 from 1966, not super old, but I have to stay within my price range), and I have to agree you definitely got more bang for your buck back in the day. Most readers are being priced out of reading new comics, but Marvel Unlimited and DC Universe will help a lot I think. Just as long as you don't mind waiting 6 months to read the newest story.