Suggestion: System Status Page/Recordings

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Suggestion: System Status Page/Recordings

I think an improvement to this community would be a system status page (similar to what the Catalina-mongers do here), with information pertinent to the HughesNet service.   Not sure if this is possible or what it would entail, but it'd be useful. 

Someone (sorry, forgot who it was ) mentioned that it'd be helpful to have recordings regarding the system status, for when people call the customer service line.  Is that not done anymore?  Waaay back in DirectWay times, there were recordings like that, and they were quite helpful. Something like "We're currently experiencing weather-related issues in your area" saved a lot of time when calling regarding wonky service. 

3 REPLIES 3
GabeU

I wonder if re-posting this in the "About the Community" section would give it more of a chance of catching the reps' eyes.  

What kinds of things would you want to see on that page?  I looked on the Apple page and I think I know what you mean, but I'm not really sure.  Like the status of email, the Video Data Saver, the Data Usage page and things like that?  Just so someone would know whether those pages were working before going there?  

Edit:  I think I remember those recordings back in the day.  I think they may have done something like that with one of the widespread outages (Jan and Sept (?) 2018) too, though I can't remember for sure.

maratsade

Good idea, @GabeU . I reposted it there.  I added a bit about what the page might have. 

"Like the status of email, the Video Data Saver, the Data Usage page and things like that?  Just so someone would know whether those pages were working before going there?"

Yes, the status of those things, for example.  If someone is having problems with the VDS, for example, they can check the page to see if there are known issues. I think knowing it's a known issue helps keep the level of frustration down, especially in terms of having to wait a long time for the phone reps to do their required troubleshooting. 

" I think they may have done something like that with one of the widespread outages (Jan and Sept (?) 2018) too, though I can't remember for sure."

I think there was something on the community at that time, and they also disseminated it to social media, which was great. But that outage was really major.  I think a system status page would provide a central page for people to go to, and in the long run it would save time and sanity to users.  Problem is, I don't know what it entails -- it may be too expensive or require too much personnel commitment. But it'd be nice, I think. 

GabeU

@maratsade wrote: 

I think there was something on the community at that time, and they also disseminated it to social media, which was great. But that outage was really major.   

That I definitely remember.  

I like the idea of a page giving us a heads up to issues.  🙂