Watching Movies

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lake1276
New Poster

Watching Movies

Am I the only one that has trouble watching movies without interruptions.  My internet speeds I assume are the problem. A movie stops about every two minutes.  Then downloads another two minutes. Anyone know how to fix this?  Or is Hughes just a poor choice for service.

23 REPLIES 23
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

No, you're not the only one.  Streaming has been deprioritised so as to give priority to people working and studying from home during the pandemic.  

gerrylynn
New Poster

Terrible!! Mine does the same thing!

maratsade

What's terrible is the huge numbers of people dying of COVID-19.   So you can't stream movies. Big deal. Be happy you're alive. 

gerrylynn wrote:

Terrible!! Mine does the same thing!

Really you pay for a service you should get said service, so yes big deal.

maratsade

And what is it you're not getting, Class Act?

FPH wrote:

Really you pay for a service you should get said service, so yes big deal.

FPH

We've had hughesnet for two months and it sucks, can you say class act--- coming soon!

GabeU

@FPH wrote:

We've had hughesnet for two months and it sucks, can you say class act--- coming soon!

Perhaps you should start a new topic in the appropriate section to get help for whatever the issue is.  If the issue is streaming, not much can be done about that, as more important activities has been given priority during the pandemic.

Streaming has never worked don't blame Covit-19.

maratsade

I imagine you mean it has never worked for you.   

Jime wrote:

Streaming has never worked

I mean it has nothing to do with Covit-19 it is just to slow for streaming anything.

maratsade

Depends on your location, actually, and so many other variables that you can't generalise your experience to those of 1.5 million subscribers.  And COVID-19 did make things worse.  Also, you can stream with low speed -- it's other things that affect streaming, congestion being one of them, but also the way sites themselves deliver streaming.  

Jime wrote:

I mean it has nothing to do with Covit-19 it is just to slow for streaming anything.

No problem now just got my service cancelled after a long call with a Lady I could not understand and all the repeated questions she asked.  You do have  to call early morning to get through.

maratsade

Good you managed to get through, and I agree about calling in the morning. Good luck with your next ISP!

Jime wrote:

No problem now just got my service cancelled after a long call with a Lady I could not understand and all the repeated questions she asked.  You do have  to call early morning to get through.

GabeU

@Jime wrote:

Streaming has never worked don't blame Covit-19.

It worked just fine here and now buffers quite a bit.

So much for your blanket statement.

Does Distinguished Professor mean company person?

GabeU

@Jime wrote:

Does Distinguished Professor mean company person?

No, it does not.  Only those with a "Moderaator" or "Employee" badge next to their name are HughesNet employees.

prof you keep saying this about the pandemic but mine has been doing same thing from day 1, 6/7/18 now im cancelling but guess what cant get through not a big surprise

maratsade

Cancellation can only be done by phone, 866-347-3292. You may want to try in the morning, as they're likely to be less busy. You can also try 877-329-1403. Either way, plan for long waits, as the pandemic has affected call centers for everyone, not just HughesNet. 

Best of luck with your next ISP!

joenlaurie wrote:

now im cancelling but guess what cant get through not a big surprise

GabeU

@joenlaurie wrote:

prof you keep saying this about the pandemic but mine has been doing same thing from day 1, 6/7/18  

Yet in the 21 months (as of today) that you've been a member of this support community you've never posted about an issue, nor asked for help with one.  

With that said, new poster, no one has ever stated that no subscriber had an issue prior to the pandemic.

Good luck with your new ISP.  I hope it performs well for you.

Try to get through early in the morning and expect to feel like you won the lottery when they finally let you cancel.  You have to have a very good reason or they will send you to a technician.  and then hope they send you a box to return the equipment to them.