Hughesnet Community

When your wife decides to update all her apps at 7:50am...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkJFine
Professor

When your wife decides to update all her apps at 7:50am...

...when she hasn't done so in well over a month.

🙄😱😡😖😫

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
11 REPLIES 11
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

wow. How long did that take?

Enough to eat 2GB of Anytime... #NotHappy

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU

@MarkJFine wrote:

Enough to eat 2GB of Anytime... #NotHappy

How much Anytime data do you get each month?  

@GabeU wrote:

How much Anytime data do you get each month?  

Generally 30, but it's in flux atm. Mentally, I'm still on 20 tho.

So, I got up early and finished the wife's updates: 5.3GB for the rest (on Bonus, as it should be).

GabeU

@MarkJFine

WOW!  Over 7GB just for app updates.  That's crazy.  

30GB of Anytime data is pretty good.   I had 15GB with Gen4 and now 20GB with Gen5.  I didn't use much with Gen4 so I contemplated going down to the 10GB plan.  I'm sure glad I didn't go that way.  😛

maratsade

When I have to update Keynote, Pages, Numbers, and Real Racing, that can easily be over 2.5 MB.  I usually don't update everything on the same day because of that, unless it's well within the bonus period.

@GabeU wrote:

@MarkJFine

WOW!  Over 7GB just for app updates.  That's crazy.  

30GB of Anytime data is pretty good.   I had 15GB with Gen4 and now 20GB with Gen5.  I didn't use much with Gen4 so I contemplated going down to the 10GB plan.  I'm sure glad I didn't go that way.  😛

I'm the same way and had considered dumping the iOS versions of iWorks because I rarely use them anymore. Don't even use the MacOS versions either, if I'm honest.

maratsade

I don't see much use for the iOS versions, though I'm sure many people use them.  I have used the online versions, though. 

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Well, I found out later that she had stopped it after this convo:

"Why? I started it before 8..."

"Yeah, that's not how it works. you're supposed to end it before 8 too..."

So, 2GB is probably only ~15 of her ~60 apps. The last time I did it, took around 6GB or so.

This is why I check mine daily instead of in batch mode.

At least I've finally gotten into the habit of updating on computer first and then synching her phone and iPad instead of downloading each of the same apps twice. 😱

maratsade

"Why? I started it before 8..."

"Yeah, that's not how it works. you're supposed to end it before 8 too..."

ROTFL

If only....