Winter's last gasp....

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Winter's last gasp....

Pics from yesterday morning.  Thirteen hours before this there was no snow on the ground, whatsoever.  We ended up getting about 18 inches, which normally isn't that big of a deal, but with it being this heavy it was awful.  It's already starting to melt, thankfully.  

In picture four you can see my folks' sat dishes on the roof of their garage, with the left one being HughesNet and the right being DirecTV.  And just after I took the pictures a plow came through and buried my mailbox that you can see on the right of the fifth picture.  The power went out shortly after.  

This is some of the heaviest snow I have ever seen.  My folks had a couple of trees come down, and according to my local electric company there are over 1000 crew, including those from other parts of the country, tending to the lines.  That the power came back on here so quickly, relatively speaking, is amazing.  Kudos to the workers.    

And yes, that is the radio of my HughesNet dish on the lower left of picture three.  I just noticed that I caught that in the pic.  😛  

100_0001.jpg

100_0002.jpg

100_0003.jpg

100_0006.jpg

100_0008.jpg

100_0009.jpg

27 REPLIES 27