Workplace excellence award

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Workplace excellence award

http://www.financial-news.co.uk/49459/2018/07/hughes-gets-4-awards-for-workplace-excellence-20180731...

Excerpt:

Hughes offers employees advanced technology, flexible work arrangements, continuing education opportunities, health and wellness programs, recreation and cultural activities, and opportunities to volunteer. A Montgomery County, Maryland, certified “Green Business,” Hughes commitment to the environment includes support of local clean up and beautification efforts and employee programs like company-wide recycling and Earth Day celebrations. On-site healthy food options, fitness and health classes, and a robust intramural sports program round out the company´s health and wellness offerings.

15 REPLIES 15
maratsade

On-site healthy food options

What kind of grub do you get?

a robust intramural sports program 

What sports?

I hope none of this is top secret hush hush cloak and dagger stuff.  C'mon, brag a bit! 

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Been waiting for the the lady mods to expand a bit, maybe they don't want to brag too much. Found them right at the top here: http://www.excellentworkplace.org/awards-workplace.html

Hump day.gif

maratsade

Looks like they wear pink on Wednesdays, as the secret video shows.  LOL

A sampling from today's menu~

Pasta Faggioli Soup

TASTE OF INDIA – CURRIED CHICKEN, TANDOORI LAMB, SPINACH LENTIL DAAL, MANGO CHUTNEY, STEAMED BASMATI RICE

STUFFED PEPPERS, QUINOA AND BASIL

Roasted Broccoli Rabe with Garlic

Orzo Pilaf

Pizza - Fire Roasted Peppers, Goat Cheese, Cherry Tomatoes, Balsamico

Grill Buffalo Cauliflower Burger, Whole Wheat Bun

Deli - Reduced Sodium Roast Beef, Reduced Fat Swiss, Roasted Pepper, Sandwich Thin Panini

Salad - Black Bean and Roasted Corn Salad

As for sports, there's soccer (football), volleyball, and cricket. We have tennis courts too, but I don't remember any company tennis tourneys.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

maratsade

Guess who will be dropping by for lunch one of these days.  

I just brown bag it for lunch... but it's nice to have other options. 🙂

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Have often considered sticking the left three lanes and staying on I-270 instead of rounding the Beltway, taking the long way to B'more and points North. That section between 270 and the Mormon Temple is always a parking lot.

Incidentally, for those that have never taken the DC Beltway, the Cathedral is an amazing sight on the way back... Kind like you're on the road to 'Oz'.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

When I was younger, I thought it was Disneyland. 

@Liz wrote:

When I was younger, I thought it was Disneyland. 

Lol...

Speaking of B'more: Just North of the McHenry Tunnel... When they say speeds are electronically monitored, they're monitored. Got a nice portrait of me in the mail, driving away, doing way more than 12 over the limit (which is what they detect). Oopsie.

Be careful out there...

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU

@MarkJFine

The Beltway is a nightmare.  I didn't have to travel on it on a daily basis, but when I had meetings in Baltimore I had to take it.  And I agree, the Temple is quite a site.  

I did have to experience Rte. 66 every day, though.  That was a nightmare, as well.  Manassas to the Nutley St. exit, then back at the end of the day.  Day in and day out.  😞  

And, to be honest, I miss it every day.  😛 

maratsade

I never had a problem with the Beltway when I lived in the area.  Maybe it's because of the training one gets driving in London. LOL. 

There's so many fitness activities and programs here, I can't keep up! 

Would also probably help if I tried...right?  Eternally lazy! 🙂 Liz puts me to shame - she actually stands while working at her desk! 

maratsade

Suggestion: instead of emailing other departments, jog to their area and deliver messages by hand.  😉 (on the way back, be sure to jog by the food place (Edit: cafeteria? dining hall?) and grab stuff to take to your desk and to ship to my address). 

to ship to my address

Hey, no one said the food is free! Haha

We call it a 'cafeteria'... I call it 'nap inducing'

GabeU

@maratsade

It the "mess hall".  😛