You know you're a runner when...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkJFine
Professor

You know you're a runner when...

You get up at 2am to run at 6, because it's supposed to be real warm.

You've already eaten a carby-ish breakfast and had coffee by 3 (I prefer to not eat/drink 3hrs prior to a run).

Then a severe thunderstorm ensues promptly at 3:30. So now there's no going back to bed.

Otherwise known as... summer. #RunnerProblems

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
7 REPLIES 7
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

"You get up at 2am to run at 6"

Yes, runner is one word for it.  LOL

But seriously, kudos to you for being so dedicated. 

...the word is: "Bonkerz" lol

I know. It's not normal. But it's necessary to ensure my system is, how should we say, effectively 'cleared out' so I don't pull a Gary Lineker (e.g., World Cup 1990, for those that don't know) in the middle of a 10k.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

I'd say nutter. LOL

I remember what happened to Lineker.  I'm glad you take precautions to make sure the system is shipshape and Bristol fashion. 🙂

Heh... I'm at my folks atm in NJ. They live in a gated community. There's a guard from Essex (I think) - a regular East Ender. He and I go back and forth (kiddingly) because he's a Hammer.

✔️ Up at 2am

✔️ Check weather report - all clear thru noon.
✔️ Breakfast by 3
✔️ Coffee done by 4
✔️ Feet taped up by 7
✔️ Warmup stretches done by 7:45

✔️ HRM strapped on and water bottle filled by 7:55

✔️ Goes outside at 8 to start running, and it starts to pour...

Why do I do this to myself?

maratsade

"Why do I do this to myself?"

One could suggest a couple of psychiatric theories.... 😉

Notice the message from the universe, delivered in the form of rainspeak.  It means: go back to bed, you nutter. Smiley Tongue

@maratsade wrote:

It means: go back to bed, you nutter.

Reasons to be cheerful, part 3.