Hughesnet Community

emoji

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emoji

Back in the days before anyone had even heard of an emoji, regular characters were used to the same effect.

For example:  I used a ':', '>', ')', '>', to mean I'm smiling and I have a beard.  If I try to do the same thing here, the message editor changes the ':',  '>' to the emoji used by the editor, even when enclosed in quotes.  Is there a way to turn this off?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Testing  :>)>.  I set emoticon to none in settings

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Well, its been a week and no replies  I'm going to take that as a "no" .

I'm old and remember those but still just looks like a bunch of scribbling and I don't want to take the time to look them up. That is why actual graphic emojis where invented.

Your question would most likely take forwarding to the website developers (third party). If you really want an answer probably should post in "Your Thoughts on the Community" or "Tech Support". The mods don't consider the General section as a place they are compelled to answer or take part in.

@BirdDog wrote:

I'm old and remember those but still just looks like a bunch of scribbling and I don't want to take the time to look them up. That is why actual graphic emojis where invented.

Yes, but none of them here have a beard.  :>)>

Your question would most likely take forwarding to the website developers (third party). If you really want an answer probably should post in "Your Thoughts on the Community" or "Tech Support". The mods don't consider the General section as a place they are compelled to answer or take part in.

Thanks,  I didn't think of that. 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@gaines_wright wrote:

Yes, but none of them here have a beard.  :>)>

Beard.jpg

ROFL!   Now just add longer than shoulder length hair, and make all the hair grey.  :>)>

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@gaines_wright wrote:

ROFL!   Now just add longer than shoulder length hair, and make all the hair grey.  :>)>

That thing is crazy looking, isn't it?  😛 

I tried to find one with real beard hair, but that's the best I could come up with.  I thought of creating one, but I'm not very good with editing and combining pictures like that.

@GabeU wrote:

@

I tried to find one with real beard hair, but that's the best I could come up with.  I thought of creating one, but I'm not very good with editing and combining pictures like that.

Well, that's a good start.  I guess I'm going to have to learn to use GIMP.

Testing  :>)>.  I set emoticon to none in settings