cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does HughesNet offer any RollOver Data plans?

Highlighted
Senior

Does HughesNet offer any RollOver Data plans?

In the old days, I would receive a complimentary Token for not exceding my data plan (FAP)

Is there a plan that will "rollOver" unused Data Useage from the previous month?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Does HughesNet offer any RollOver Data plans?

@kitnbob

Actually, that 3GB of token data was given to everyone who was on a part of the system that experienced the seven or eight hour outage on the night of 1/1 to 1/2.  I'm not sure if it was everyone on the Echostar 19 satellite, but I think it may have been.  

Nevertheless, you'll keep those 3GB of tokens until you use them.  Smiley Happy   And, with regard to the tokens, keep in mind that they are automatically used when you run out of data, and before going into FAP.  

I have a Verizon home phone.  I want a few shares of that stock.  LOL.  J/K.  God knows I've earned them at $70 - $90 per month over the last 13+ years.  Smiley Tongue 

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

@kitnbob

No, there are no data rollover plans with HughesNet.  The only data that rolls over from month to month is Token data, if you have any.  

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Senior

@GabeU

:-) I must have gotten a Christmas Bonus!! Yea!

I heard that verizon gave out 50 shares of stock as bonuses.

(grinning) on 01-09-2018, on my Jan statement, I got 3 Tokens.

Thanks HughesNet.

Highlighted

@kitnbob

Actually, that 3GB of token data was given to everyone who was on a part of the system that experienced the seven or eight hour outage on the night of 1/1 to 1/2.  I'm not sure if it was everyone on the Echostar 19 satellite, but I think it may have been.  

Nevertheless, you'll keep those 3GB of tokens until you use them.  Smiley Happy   And, with regard to the tokens, keep in mind that they are automatically used when you run out of data, and before going into FAP.  

I have a Verizon home phone.  I want a few shares of that stock.  LOL.  J/K.  God knows I've earned them at $70 - $90 per month over the last 13+ years.  Smiley Tongue 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Senior

@GabeU

Thanks for looking into this

GabeU wrote: 

Thanks for that. I feel a little less important now. I do remember The outage now that you mentioned it. I lost a bid on ebay cause of it. Smiley Indifferent

@GabeU wrote:

The bonuses were for employees, you knew that. Old customers get a bill increase about this time of year. Smiley Sad  And I still cant believe they got out of the e-mail business. More into video streaming these days.

You did solve the mystery of where the 3 Gb came from. I'll give you two Kudos

Highlighted

@kitnbob wrote:

@GabeU

Thanks for looking into this

GabeU wrote: 

Thanks for that. I feel a little less important now.

giphy.gif

Highlighted
Freshman

I never got my 3GB, do you know how I get them?

Highlighted

@Kehea wrote:

I never got my 3GB, do you know how I get them?

Are you sure you're on the ES19 satellite?  

To see, take a look at the Satellite box on the following page and see if it indicates Echostar 17 or Echostar 19.... http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/information

AFAIK, the outage affected only those on the Echostar 19 satellite, and though I don't know if it was the entire ES19 system, I know it was widespread on that system.  

Highlighted
Freshman

Yes I am on that satellite and experienced that outage.

Highlighted
Freshman

Disregard, I got my 3GB after my post. Thank you!