FAP speeds for gen 5?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tyler936
Freshman

FAP speeds for gen 5?

Has anyone hit the FAP speeds yet? I currently am wondering what they will be like and am assuming at this point someone has had to hit it by now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
5 REPLIES 5
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Well... I am one of the first installs in my area, and I just stopped having my daily resets yesterday... I will know with in the next 8 days what FAP speeds are like on this bird. 🙂

For right now all we know is that we are throttled down to, as low as 1Mbps and possible under, congestion pending.  So not a hard throttle, and it's based on network congestion, but nothing horrible.  I have seen one test from someone on DSLR that I have little faith in that showed a 3Mbps test, but not much more.

I've heard similar, but I'm looking forward to in depth testing. Since I was a existing customer they did not provide me a 20-day reset, and they also did not reset my billing dates to match the install date, so I've been contemplating just using it all up since I wont have to deal with FAP just for a few days. Assuming you dont beat me and no one else reaches it first I am going to have it automatically schedule a speed test every hour and post the results when it's done.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Don't waste your bandwidth, I am nearing exhausting my day-time allowance, just downloaded a 12GB ISO file, and have tons of things that need downloaded.  Once I have exhausted it, I will run some automated tests to see what speeds are like when in FAP over a 24 hour period. 🙂

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Thank you for taking the time to post the results. It will be interesting to see what speeds will be like as more users are put on the new satellite.