HT2000 modem wifi vs conventional router

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GW
Advanced Tutor

HT2000 modem wifi vs conventional router

Has anybody compared the wifi performance/range of the HT2000 with their usual router?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Yeup...  HT2000w vs Netgear R7000 with Merlin Firmware

10 foot distance no walls10 foot distance no walls25 foot distance - 1 wall25 foot distance - 1 wall75+ foot distance -  multiple walls75+ foot distance - multiple walls100+ foot distance - multiple walls100+ foot distance - multiple wallsOver a period of time at one locationOver a period of time at one location

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Yeup...  HT2000w vs Netgear R7000 with Merlin Firmware

10 foot distance no walls10 foot distance no walls25 foot distance - 1 wall25 foot distance - 1 wall75+ foot distance -  multiple walls75+ foot distance - multiple walls100+ foot distance - multiple walls100+ foot distance - multiple wallsOver a period of time at one locationOver a period of time at one location

GW
Advanced Tutor

Perfect. Thank you!

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

I haven't tried my Netgear router since being on Gen5, but I can tell you that in testing the HT2000W's range, it's slightly better than what I got with my Netgear.  With that said, my Netgear router is VERY basic, just a WNR2000 v4, but the range was, and is, plenty for my small house.  My entire house is just shy of 600sq feet, so there's nowhere, save for my bath tub, which is an old aluminum cooking pot from a battleship, that the Wi-Fi doesn't work.  And no, I don't use my laptop when showering or taking a bath.  LMAO!  I just knelt down and lowered it into the tub and nearly lost the signal.  🙂 

GW
Advanced Tutor

I see at least 8 lower dBm over my Asus router. I don't notice any improvement in performance yet. In fact, the Hughes router most times shows lower throughput when using the LAN Speed Test program. I haven't goofed with it much. I've left it set so we can use either network.

@GabeUIt sounds like you have an interesting house.