HughesNet Gen5 20Gb plan

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shadow357
Sophomore

HughesNet Gen5 20Gb plan

Well after getting my previous issues solved with the help of Liz and another site visit to reaim me to the new bird my speeds are great and all is well.

Currently I am on the 10 Gb and wanted to upgrade to the 20 Gb

Now the issue is I see that the 20b plan is advertised for 49.99 for 12 months and nowhere that I can find on the hughsnet site is there any mention that I have to pay another 99.00 activation fee to get this plan. This system is already activated and running fine. Why is it required that I have to pay this fee? Its a simple keystroke on the cs side.

Cs stated the exact opposite of what I was initially told, I plainly asked that if I seen I wanted to move to another plan I could simply upgrade with no penalties or fees of any kind. There was an offer put on the table for a 20.00 credit for 3 months for the 20 Gb plan which would in fact get me to the 49.99 plan. Why would I do this for 3 months when I am will to do the 12 month offer?

This is the 3rd time that the phone in cs has done nothing but try to squeeze 99.00 more out of me. I dont mind paying for a service that I get but have an issue with paying 99.00 everytime I call in.

I even signed into my account and tried to upgrade there but at check out it goes to 69.99 instead of the advertised 49.99.

Please correct me if I am wrong but nowhere on the ordering page is there a disclaimer that if you want to upgrade that you have to pay an activation fee.

I am about to give up on the call in CS as it seem I never get anywhere , the only place to get a solid answer is here.

Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
Liz

Hi shadow357,

Thanks for posting, glad to hear you're enjoying your new Gen 5 service! Here's the relevant fine print shown after you check for available plans:

**New residential subscribers only.  Save $20/month on the 20 GB or save $30/month on the 30 GB and 50 GB plans.  Savings applies to your first 12 months of service.  After 12 months, all service plans revert to the standard monthly fee for the remainder of the term. Offer ends 6/30/17. Cannot be combined with any other service plan offer. Restrictions may apply. Offer void where prohibited.

‡$99 instant savings applies to new residential subscribers who lease a new HughesNet system. Not applicable with the Purchase option. Offer ends 6/30/17. Other restrictions may apply. Offer void wherever prohibited or restricted by law.

When you upgraded to Gen 5, you technically weren't considered a new subscriber, which is why the $20 discount isn't applying to you now. Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page, I'll send you a PM shortly to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!