HughesNet Voice Web Self-Care Administration

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drobinson
New Poster

HughesNet Voice Web Self-Care Administration

When I sign up for HughesNet internet, customer service asked if I want HughesNet Voice, I asked does it support fax they said yes.  When the installer came I asked him and he said yes.  The line I had ported was for a landline designated fax.  When I called to activate and asked the technician how to connect the fax he said "it does not support fax". I was told I have 30 days to disconnect.  I asked to have this confirmed by email and no one has responded!  Please confirm it is a 30 day disconnect without fees.  I was given wrong information the first time signing up for it and I do not want to get wrong information again.

P. S.  Love the internet!

3 REPLIES 3
Liz

Hi drobinson,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear a couple of our folks misspoke about the capabilities of HughesNet Voice, fax is definitely not one of them.

You are correct, if you cancel your Voice service within 30 days of Voice activation, there will be no ETF. Also, if you cancel Voice within 30 days, you're eligible for $75 hardware return credit if you return the ATA.  You'll have to take care of the shipping yourself, but once we receive the ATA, the $75 credit will appear on your next HughesNet bill.

Hope that helps!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Good morning drobinson,

I see you've called in to cancel VOIP and mentioned that you will port/transfer your number to your new phone service. Just to reiterate what the phone agent explained in the last phone call, it's very important to not cancel your HughesNet Voice service before you've completed transferring your number to the new service. 

This is the general rule to follow when transferring your number from one service to another. If one's phone service is cancelled before transferring the number to the new service, the number gets reallocated into the number pool and may not be recoverable.

If you have any questions, let us know!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Good morning drobinson, 

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can help.