Hughesnet Community

Needing address to send formal complaint and written request to cancell service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TRH
Freshman

Needing address to send formal complaint and written request to cancell service.

Back Story: When I call to see about getting service, I told them I would be mainly using it for streaming tv.  I was told the service would work great for that.  Service was set up in December 2018.  While the tech was there setting up, We could not get anything to stream, it kept buffering and never stopped.  Then my computer would never connect to the wifi, after several minutes he was able to pull up a few sites, but it ran very slowly.  He checked everything and the speeds and said everything shows it is working correctly and he left. Even through nothing was working correctly.

I called in several times, then on 12/16/18 received a confirmation tex for order 9176317 stating they were coming out.  I called in to see what it was about and was told they had several people having the same issues I was having, and they were going to be coming out to upgrade the dish, that they just put up. I told them I would not be there, they said I would need to be there and to call the number that texted and reschedule.  I left a message with the number and also texted back and never heard back.

I waited till after the holidays and called to see about the reschedule and I was told by custormer service, they had no idea what I was talking about.  She also stated that they do not confirm appointments by text message.  I told her that was not true as that is how the confirmed the appoinment to set up service. She again told me that do not work that way. She told me my dish was not being upgraded as I already had the newest one. I asked so what are the doing about the service and she stated they came out on 12/17/2018 and everything was working fine.  Again this did not happen, as no one came to my residence that day or any day since they set up service. I told her if my service was not fixed soon I was disconnecting, due to no service being provided. I was not going to pay for services that I was not receiving.

I have had several other conversations with them saying my service is working fine.  However, that is not the case.  If I want to use the internet or stream tv. I have to use my data on my phone with the mobile hotspot. 

Since I have gone without internet since December,  I realize I no longer need it.  I also will not continue to pay $80+ for a service I can not use.  I am requesting my service be disconnected immediately.  If I receive a bill for early termination, I will be getting with the Better Business Bureau and doing a complaint. I will also be checking with legal since they are breaking the contract due to not provided me service.

I am past dealing with anyone else and having any tech come out, since they have already said they have been out, when they have not.

I need an address to send in my request for immediate cancellation and complaint in writing.  Does anyone have an address?  I have seen several people ask for a complaint department address, but do not see that one was ever given.

3 REPLIES 3
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@TRH 

You'd be better off posting this in the My Account and Billing section, as this section (Products and Plans) is not for support.  The reps usually reply within a day or two.  They're on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST.

Thank You.  New on the site and didn't notice where I had posted it.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

You're welcome.  🙂