New plans for 2022?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lighthope1
Senior

New plans for 2022?

Want to jump in on something another user said in another thread.

> I was told by a Hughesnet customer service rep. to expect a much better deal by first of this year. Is this true?

I have not heard anything like that, but it would not surprise me.  Starlink will be online by then and HughesNet is going to be eaten up by them if they don't better plans/cheaper pricing.

Nothing HughesNet can do about the latency, but the data caps, prices, and ginormous slowdowns people are experiencing are making any competition look extremely attractive.

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

One hopes you will be able to go to this streaming and data Utopia very, very soon. 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Other than the typical discounts often offered to new subscribers, it's unlikely that there will be any other offers available at least until the new bird goes up sometime next year.  It was originally scheduled to go up early this year, but it has been pushed back until sometime next year, very likely due to the pandemic.  

@lighthope1 wrote: 

Nothing HughesNet can do about the latency, but the data caps, prices, and ginormous slowdowns people are experiencing are making any competition look extremely attractive.

It does, but HughesNet will still have its place, as will the company itself in the long run, as they are involved in the LEO game as well.

@GabeU wrote:

It does, but HughesNet will still have its place, as will the company itself in the long run, as they are involved in the LEO game as well.

I did hear they were attempting to get into the LEO game.  And that they had some government contracts.  HughesNet isn't going to disappear.