Plans are a joke - I have never experienced such a worthless product in my life

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mofritas
New Poster

Plans are a joke - I have never experienced such a worthless product in my life

After the first month of service which seemed great because of the unlimited faster data (which I was completely unaware was happening), our family went through out 20 GB's in two days.  I called Hughesnet and no one could tell me how we went through the data so fast and after an hour and 40 minutes on the phone I asked to speak to a supervisor.  I was promised a call back from a supervisor and never received one.  Now we started a new month and once again we are out of data in two days...and we did virtually nothing involving using data.  This is the most ridiculous and deceiving offer I have ever seen, and the service is even worse!  WE will be calling and cancelling.  If you are considering this service - never do it.

25 REPLIES 25

[TOS violation, removed - Amanda]

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@willor

If you're going to utilize this site please follow the Community Terms of Service.  Specifically....

Capture.JPG

I still don't like cap it should be unlimited period but thank goodness for netflix hulu you can hang it up because you are looking at 3gigs for 60 minutes but netflix will let you change from very high to very low ..3 gigs so you can work around it
underwhelmed

The Hughesnet service is so deceptive in it's sales pitch.  No one could think that the fast speed internet was so limitied when they use the phrase "UNLIMITED DATA".   They brag bout guaranteeing download speed and unlimited data with no mention of "for only a small amount of data.  I feel ripped off and lied to and forced to sign a contract with never knowing all the facts...........until I'm out of data in a few days.   I called and "vented" and was awarded a little extra data but it's still amounts to a few movies worth of data streaming.  They started me at 10 gb and allowed me 20 gb now.  The agent was nice is all I can say good about things.  It really makes me feel enraged that a company would sucker so many people with false advertising and still gets away with it.  Tell it like it is on your advertising and see how many people buy your product.  If I weren't stuck in a contract I would leave...........but that's the whole idea isn't it.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@underwhelmed

HughesNet is not meant for cord cutting.  Streaming is a very data intensive activity, and HughesNet is not a substitute for ground based internet services when it comes to this. 

The sales reps make an educated guess as to how much data a perspective customer will need, but it's only a guess, and it's ultimately up to the customer to know whether a service will fit their needs.  

There is no deception.  It is stated during the sales call that when one runs out of the plan data the service speed will be throttled.  It is stated as a part of the scripted speech which they then ask if you agree to.  It's possible that you didn't understand what was meant by what was being told to you.  Additionally, the service is unlimited.  Your service speed is reduced when you exhaust your plan data, but you are not cut off.  

Again, it's important for a consumer to research a product or service to know whether that product or service will fit their needs. 

And they do tell it like it is in their advertising, but just like with every other advertiser the finer points are in the small print, including in the TV ads.  

With this said, if you feel that you were misled during the sales call, and it's been no longer than 90 days since that call, you can request a review of that call.  If it's determined that you were misled you may have recourse regarding the Early Termination Fee when cancelling.  You can request a review of your sales call in the myAccount and Billing section.