cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plans are a joke - I have never experienced such a worthless product in my life

Learner

Re: Plans are a joke - I have never experienced such a worthless product in my life

You're not alone, believe me. I just had to raise my data cap to $99.00 (plus a $20.00 monthly discount?!) to keep from getting throttled at the drop of a hat (aka a week at most)! Would crawl on my knees over broken glass to be able RIP off! the Spectrum service
I loathed again. Generally see nothing more than slower-than-DSL speeds no matter time of day, or if I just got a new allotment of Gbps. What a motherf***king ripoff!
Learner

Re: Plans are a joke - I have never experienced such a worthless product in my life

Forgot to mention that I seldom get HD on my big TV...forget the UHD in my bedroom. The only reason they can say HN is most popular satellite service in US is because it's probably ONLY satellite service in US. Grrrr!
Learner

Dude, for those of us in the 21st century, we expect 1080i for our hard-earned bucks. No wonder you have leftover Gigs at months-end. Do you have an analog TV with a digital converter? Only way you could use so little of your monthly allotment. But...if you're happy, that's all that matters.
Learner

For chrissakes, Ithe only reason I'm stuck with HN is BECAUSE it's bundled (no other options) with DirectTV! And you say to disconnect??!! What am I supposed to use, two tin cans and a length of string?
Distinguished Professor III

@TallCRwrote:
For chrissakes, Ithe only reason I'm stuck with HN is BECAUSE it's bundled (no other options) with DirectTV! And you say to disconnect??!! What am I supposed to use, two tin cans and a length of string?

Connecting HughesNet to your DirecTV receiver is neither required, nor recommended, and the two services work just fine on their own.

Additionally, please follow the Community Guidelines and refrain from foul language.  

Edit:  In addtion, when replying in the future please either quote the post you're replying to or note the person you're replying to, like so... @TallCR.  This will help to establish who and what your replies are referring to rather than having them resemble multiple, random, out of place thoughts. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

Can someone explain to me how to "DISCONNECT" my Directtv DVR from my network?  I have searched endlessly through the on screen menus and short of shutting down my modem temporarily so that it loses the signal and it would probably reconnect automatically, I have no idea how to get this done.

Thanks in advance.

Professor

You should repost this under Tech Support.

Sophomore

there are 2 ways, and depending on what wireless solution you have you can block the i/p address via the admin process of the router or what'i've done in the past is to change the i/p address on the DirectTV DVR to some phony address of the wifi router 

Carmen Vitullo
Distinguished Professor III

@jroeder2018

One way you can do it is to reset the network on the DirecTV receiver.  

On the receiver:  Menu > Settings & Help > Settings > Internet Setup > Advanced Setup > Reset Network

This should reset its WiFi connection settings.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

Thanks for the suggestions!  I went the enter phony newtwork name.  I can now see it wants me to Reconnect my DVR to the internet from the settings menu.