Products

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjmontgomery
New Poster

Products

This is the only place it let me to contact corporate offices!  You guys suck!  You promise one thing and when I sign up for the services I don't get what I am promised.  The other thing, I was asked how much I stream and from a lot of devices, not once did they state that the 25 Megabytes would be spread among them.  Nor did they state that after so much time that it decreases once it hits a certain data point.  Which is the opposite of what their ads state.  It needs to be addressed to people so that they aren't misled into signing a **bleep** contract!  I wouldn't have signed up with hughes net because we do use a lot of devices, mainstream, and now having a child using it for online classes!  She can't do it if we have crappy, and I mean CRAPPY internet.  The only time I was told this was after the 3rd time calling and getting so frustrated that I wanted to cancel my services, that's when she finally, opened up her mouth to tell the truth on what actually happens with the services.  I will be rating this on yelp and any other sites, and on *** (won't let me put the business for reporting them) for misleading consumers on your products just to get them to sign a contract.  Which from my understanding is ILLEGAL.  I am so sick and tired of people screwing me over and here's another prime example of a company screwing people over.  Now if I want to cancel my services I have to pay over $300 which I am not made of money, but end up going to have to just so my child can get an education.  Thanks a lot for screwing us over.

6 REPLIES 6
MarkJFine
Professor

You do realize that what you're complaining about is more or less common knowledge for any internet service...

Every router out there splits the available bandwidth to the devices that are operating at that time, so I don't know why a non-technical salesperson would be expected to explain this. If this is the basis of your rant, then good luck to you.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@sjmontgomery 

In addition to what Mark said, if it's been no more than three or four months since your sales call, as they don't generally save them for longer than that, you can request a review of it.  If it's determined that appropriate expectations were not set by the sales person, you may have recourse.   

You can do so in the "myAccount and Billing" section.  The reps are on M-F from approximately 9AM to 5PM EST, and sometimes during the evenings.  They will be the ones to reply to your request, though it can sometimes take them a day or more to do so.

And please keep in mind that, in addition to the few reps on this site, there are many fellow subscribers, and it's a public site.  Though I understand your anger and frustration, please refrain from the untoward language and rhetoric, as is asked of you in the Community Terms of Service and the Community Guidelines in the "About the Community" section.  This is the HughesNet Support Community, not the HughesNet Rant Community.

maratsade

Did you even do any research before signing up? Did you read the contract? All of the information is available on the website, so you should be angry at yourself for not doing what all consumers should do.  Blame yourself; you should  research a service before signing up.  You're not a helpless victim, you're an adult. 

Nothing they have done is illegal. If you feel that the agent on the sales call misled you or didn't give you enough information, you can request that your call (if it's still available) be reviewed. This way the company can see exactly what the agent said and what you said, and if they misled you, you may have some recourse. 

And I get you're upset, but ranting and hysterics won't get you better service. 

sjmontgomery ranted:

This is the only place it let me to contact corporate offices!  You guys suck!  You promise one thing and when I sign up for the services I don't get what I am promised.  The other thing, I was asked how much I stream and from a lot of devices, not once did they state that the 25 Megabytes would be spread among them.  Nor did they state that after so much time that it decreases once it hits a certain data point.  Which is the opposite of what their ads state.  It needs to be addressed to people so that they aren't misled into signing a **bleep** contract!  I wouldn't have signed up with hughes net because we do use a lot of devices, mainstream, and now having a child using it for online classes!  She can't do it if we have crappy, and I mean CRAPPY internet.  The only time I was told this was after the 3rd time calling and getting so frustrated that I wanted to cancel my services, that's when she finally, opened up her mouth to tell the truth on what actually happens with the services.  I will be rating this on yelp and any other sites, and on *** (won't let me put the business for reporting them) for misleading consumers on your products just to get them to sign a contract.  Which from my understanding is ILLEGAL.  I am so sick and tired of people screwing me over and here's another prime example of a company screwing people over.  Now if I want to cancel my services I have to pay over $300 which I am not made of money, but end up going to have to just so my child can get an education.  Thanks a lot for screwing us over.

sjmontgomery
New Poster

When looking into contacting corporate, this is where it took me.  I thought I was communicating with them.  I wasn't trying to rant where people saw it.  Now I can't find the delet button, so stop the judgmental attitudes, I don't judge you or others for their frustrations.  

maratsade

I wasn't judging you.

While you can't delete your postings, you can edit them and delete their content. 

GabeU

@sjmontgomery 

No one is judging your anger or disappointment.  We're just asking that you follow the Community Guidelines and Terms of Service for this Support Community.  You can find them here.