Hughesnet Community

Riddle me this...upgraded to 10gb plan from 30gb plan - burn through data in 4 day on 30gb-

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Goodzilla
Spectator

Riddle me this...upgraded to 10gb plan from 30gb plan - burn through data in 4 day on 30gb-

Hello,

I was a customer spending about $100 a month but blowing through 30 gb of data in 4 days. So a large percentage of the month is slowed. I now will buy 10gb a month at 65.00 bones a month to have a large percentage of the month at slowed speeds. Cheech and Chong want their stuff back

Regards

Paul

5 REPLIES 5
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I'm not sure I follow.  

"upgraded to 10gb plan from 30gb plan"

Wouldn't this be a downgrade?

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

I'm not sure I follow.  

"upgraded to 10gb plan from 30gb plan"

Wouldn't this be a downgrade? 

I think the idea is, if he's already seeing slow speeds for most of the month, why not pay less for it?  Sure, he'll be throttled in less than two days instead of four at the same rate of data usage, but at that point there's not much difference.  But, yeah, in the end it's still a downgrade.  I was paying $69.99 per month for my 1.2Mbps daily fill legacy plan for years.

I can't imagine using data that quickly.  30GB would last me nearly two months, and I'd still have at least half of the Bonus Zone left.  That's with doing all of what I do on this desktop, occasionally connecting my smart phone and keeping it up to date, and occasionally using and keeping laptop and notebook up to date, as well.  

maratsade

"I can't imagine using data that quickly.  30GB would last me nearly two months, and I'd still have at least half of the Bonus Zone left."

That's because you're Mr. Thrifty User -- undefeated champion. 🙂

"I think the idea is, if he's already seeing slow speeds for most of the month, why not pay less for it? "

Perhaps he should change his plan to a lower plan and live with the throttling. 

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:  

Perhaps he should change his plan to a lower plan and live with the throttling. 

That's what he did, or is planning on doing, at least.  

Brooke
Alum

Hello Goodzilla, welcome to the community and thank you for posting! There are ways to maximize your data usage so that it's not used up so quickly! Here's a page that will help with tips and tricks you can utilize. 

-Brooke