Signing up for Hughes Voice Net

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patbreitkreutz
New Poster

Signing up for Hughes Voice Net

Can I sign up for Hughes Voice Net $39.95 and $75 installation fee and then if the phone works change over to the $24.95 24 month contract.  Can I keep the same phone number if I do that and how long does it take to swithc from one service to the other?  I need a phone.

5 REPLIES 5
Liz

Hi patbreitkreutz,

Welcome to the community, glad you're interested in our HughesNet Voice service! There's no switching from the no commitment plan to the commitment plan, but you may be able to keep your current phone number.

To learn more about transferring or porting your number to the HughesNet Voice service, check this out! For more information about the HughesNet Voice service, click here.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

I have done a lot of research and chattted with several Hughes customer service reps.  There are a variety of answers about switching from the $39.95 service to the $24.95 service.  One said it just took a phone call.  One said I had to return the equipment and get new equipment.  One said I could port the number I would be assigned from the $39.95 to the $24.95.  The last conversation was a verbal conversation with a phone service tech.  I asked about th dropped calls.  He said if there were dropped calls, I could notify the phone techs and they would resolve.  I asked about not being able to call from home to report problem. He said I could email.  I have no cell phone service where I live and was mislead (not by Hughes) to believe I could use wifi calling with Hughes Gen 5.  Lots of frustration - bottom line is, I need a phone that works. I am leaning towards signing up for the $24.95 service and hoping for the best.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

" There are a variety of answers about switching from the $39.95 service to the $24.95 service."

Maybe one of the moderators can make sure you get an official answer regarding this before you make your decision. Can you wait until next week?  

I am going to go ahead and sign up for the $24.95 and hope for the best.  I have to go to town to use a phone so I can sign up.  Thanks for the input.

Thanks for letting us know, patbreitkreutz! If you have any concerns, please don't hesitate to post in our tech or billing support boards so we can take care of you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!