Very unhappy customer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SataliteHater
New Poster

Very unhappy customer

I have had this service for about 6months and every month I’m out of data around 6-10 days into the cycle. I was placed on a 30GB plan and all I do is stream and use the internet for my online program. I have never had this issue with other companies. HughesNet k my wants to take my money and has no regard for how I feel about paying $90/mo for service that I only can utilize for at max 10 days out of the month. I leave home at 6:30 am and return after 6:30 pm. I have two smartphones, a smart tv and two roku devices. Every time I call I’m on the phone e at minimum 2 hours with no resolve. HughesNet wants me to lay a cancellation fee when I was misled and placed on a 2 yr contract and a 30 GB plan that doesn’t fit the needs of my household. This is crap! I am super upset and vow to discredit this company if it’s the last thing I do. This is ridiculous to take my money every month, faithfully, and then not have a little common sense to at-least empathize with my dilemma. I have had my service cancelled and then been charged a cancellation fee of $400 and I’ve been hung up on. These customer service ppl are rude and just read their script. The language barrier is real and makes customers upset. I hate this service and plans. I won’t out but do not want to pay a cancellation fee. I don’t feel as if that’s fair to me. I need answers. I need help. Not too mention I have been told to turn the resolution down on my devices and to contact the manufacturer of my tv as if this is their fault. Now the system won’t let me post this....
8 REPLIES 8
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

"I have had this service for about 6months and every month I’m out of data around 6-10 days into the cycle."

The company sells you the data. How you use it is up to you, and you're using it too fast. You need to learn to budget the data. If you have a 30GB package, this means you can only use 1GB a day. You're clearly using more, and this is why you're running out.

The highest plan they offer is 50 GB and given you don't know how to manage data, this won't fit the needs of your household either. If you have other choices in your area, use those, because you don't seem to be a good data manager.

"I have never had this issue with other companies."

Then go with one of those other companies. Satellite internet is much more limited than other types, because of the technology involved. It requires a person who can budget data well.

"HughesNet k my wants to take my money and has no regard for how I feel about paying $90/mo for service that I only can utilize for at max 10 days out of the month."

How you feel about things is up to you, and it's not the company's responsibility.

"I have had my service cancelled and then been charged a cancellation fee of $400 and I’ve been hung up on. These customer service ppl are rude and just read their script."

The cancellation fee is in the contract that you agreed to before having the service installed. They don't install unless they get an agreement from you, so you said yes to everything, including the 2 year contract and the cancellation fee. You were not misled, you did not listen and now you want to lay the blame on anybody else but yourself.

Maybe they hung up on you because you were rude; they're not obligated to sit there and be abused by a customer. Try treating them with respect next time, and be patient.

Yes, they read from a script. That's their job. They have to read from a script.

"Not too mention I have been told to turn the resolution down on my devices and to contact the manufacturer of my tv as if this is their fault."

Your devices and your choices and your settings are chewing up your data, which is limited. They were just trying to help you.

"The language barrier is real and makes customers upset."

I'm sure they couldn't understand your accent and had to deal with your rudeness to boot, so it's no wonder they hung up on you.

"I don’t feel as if that’s fair to me. I need answers. I need help."

Imagine how they feel dealing with a rude and entitled person. It's not fair to them at all.

Yes, you do need help, that's for sure. If you're still a subscriber, you can get help here. Is that what you want, or did you come here just to rant?

"Now the system won’t let me post this...."

Yes, it did let you post your rant.

So right on all counts,

The service is great, especially when you have no other service available; I have been working with 20g daytime for 6 years; we only streamed the last 3 days.   Now on 30g we have more opportunity to stream.   Data Management means turning down the graphics to the lowest pixel size on Videos.  With Netflix setting the video option low def instead of high def. With Facebook turning off auto start of videos.   Turning off auto updates on all your devices like phones, computers etc..   Get up before the end of the over night data to use that data too.    This person abviously doesn't understand the word limited and data management and clearly didn't read what he agreed to. 

PTLamb
Freshman

I agree with you. There's a lot of things I do that I don't need the faster speed, the only thing is I use it all up after two weeks and don't have higher speed service when I do need it. I'm not sure about you but I feel if we have a way to turn off using the data service when we don't need the faster speed then it would last a lot longer for when we do need it.

maratsade

The OP streams, has a smart TV, and 2 roku devices. I bet the streaming is what does it, with the help of the smart TV and the roku devices.  The OP needs to learn to budget the data if s/he wants to stream, have a smart TV, and roku devices.   The smart TV and roku devices may be using data all day, even when someone is not home. 

The OP is blaming the company, but none of this is up to the company. They sell the data package -- budgeting data is the responsibility of the user. 

PTLamb wrote:

I agree with you. There's a lot of things I do that I don't need the faster speed, the only thing is I use it all up after two weeks and don't have higher speed service when I do need it. I'm not sure about you but I feel if we have a way to turn off using the data service when we don't need the faster speed then it would last a lot longer for when we do need it.

GabeU

@SataliteHater 

You have the option of using PlayOn Cloud for your streaming so that you can use your Bonus Bytes instead of burning through your regular plan data.  You can schedule the files to download during that time.  PlayOn Cloud takes your streamed items and records them on a cloud based DVR, then converts them to mp4 files, which you then download, either manually, automatically or by scheduling, as previously mentioned.  This wouldn't be using your Roku device, though.  

"Every time I call I’m on the phone e at minimum 2 hours with no resolve." - Why keep calling them when you already know what the problem is, as in exhausting your data in "6-10 days"?  

It's unfortunate that it's now been six months, as during the first three months or so you can request a review of the sales call in order to determine whether appropriate expectations were set by the sales representatives.  Three months being the amount of time they save the recordings of the sales calls.  

At this point, about the only options you have are to either learn to live within the data limits of the system or cancel the service and pay the ETF.  You most likely have the option of upgrading to the 50GB plan, which wouldn't extend your contract as long as it's just upgrading to the larger plan on the same service (Gen5), though with your current usage habits that still won't get your through the entire month.

maratsade

Seems the OP may already have cancelled:

I have had my service cancelled and then been charged a cancellation fee of $400 

Not 100% sure, since the rant is so disjointed.

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

Seems the OP may already have cancelled:

I have had my service cancelled and then been charged a cancellation fee of $400 

Not 100% sure, since the rant is so disjointed.

Probably, but where the OP said that they wanted out, but didn't want to pay the ETF, I thought it possible that they cancelled the cancellation.  Who knows?

maratsade

"Probably, but where the OP said that they wanted out, but didn't want to pay the ETF, I thought it possible that they cancelled the cancellation.  Who knows?"

Only the Shadow knows. 😉