no options greater then 50 gig plan????????????/

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john777
Sophomore

no options greater then 50 gig plan????????????/

pretty much feed up with hughes net 50 gig plan is the max 3 yrs later no upgrades data plans all i can say it ok for what gen5 is. gen 6 better be able to compete with one web and starlink in 2021 n 2022 or i see Hughes net doa a slow fade =a slow death.......... supposedly star-link new internet plans going to have close too no data cap or No speed cap and speed close too 600mbs a second and more then one+ satellite in space with so all i can say Hughes gotta pick it up or be left be hind and loose customers,!!!! pressures is on Hughes to compete or get left behind/ I may pull the plug with Hughes wen my contract is up in December 2020 if there no new services available seriously considering one web or star link i know ill probably take some criticism from the snow flakes in Hughes net thats ok, just trying to make my voice be herd in a way. with out profanity and keep it professionl. trying to make sure thee technicians and engineers realize they should pick it up or get left behind we are probably less then 5 months out for competition to begins in the sat industry with star link and one web.
10 REPLIES 10
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Do you have no other options that you could go to, like, today, or very soon?

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

@maratsade wrote:

Do you have no other options that you could go to, like, today, or very soon?

Wow, asking HN customers to leave makes no sense to me. I thought they wanted more customers not less.

maratsade

I'm a subscriber, as you may remember.   If a disgruntled customer has other options, it'd make sense to take them. 

Reggie wrote:

Wow, asking HN customers to leave makes no sense to me. I thought they wanted more customers not less.

GabeU

After the Echostar 24 satellite launches, HughesNet will likely offer newer service and larger plans, but I wouldn't expect them to be any larger than around 100GB or so, and with speeds of up to, perhaps, 50Mbps or so.

Starlink and the other LEO offerings will no doubt put a dent in HughesNet's GEO business, as in them losing some customers, but that will likely be of benefit to those staying with HughesNet.  I also expect that it will not hurt HughesNet as much as people may think.  As well, Echostar, HughesNet's parent company, is already working with one of the LEO companies to provide their ground stations.  

Lastly, please refrain from name calling in this Community.  It is immature and unnecessary.  

cearl67
New Poster

Was HN the only service available in your area.

lighthope1
Senior

The LEOs will kill HughesNet (and Viasat).  From what I understand, they plan to offer higher data plans, higher speeds, and far FAR less ping times than Hughes do.

Don't know about price, though. Haven't heard a peep on that.

maratsade

"The LEOs will kill HughesNet (and Viasat)."

I believe HN is involved in the whole LEO thing, so no.

@maratsade wrote:

"The LEOs will kill HughesNet (and Viasat)."

I believe HN is involved in the whole LEO thing, so no.

I haven't seen HughesNet's name involved in any of the LEO articles I've read.  I could have missed something, though.  But as far as I know, HN is not part of it...unless they are leasing capacity.

GabeU

@lighthope1 wrote: 

I haven't seen HughesNet's name involved in any of the LEO articles I've read.  I could have missed something, though.  But as far as I know, HN is not part of it...unless they are leasing capacity.

They're involved in the ground based architecture for OneWeb.  

https://www.hughes.com/resources/press-releases/hughes-signs-190m-contract-oneweb-production-ground-...

maratsade

Sorry, I didn't have anything to post as evidence.... it was more of a vague memory that I had read something about it, and I think it's what @GabeU  posted, or something similar. 

@lighthope1 wrote: