11.2.1 State Code

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ak93
New Poster

11.2.1 State Code

Internet has gone out with the state code 11.2.1. Pretty frustrating seeing as last Monday (12-3) went out due to a rusted out connector on the satellite dish and I didn't get internet back until Thursday the 6th. Now I have a whole new issue and no internet.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MarkJFine
Professor

This usually means a weather issue at either your location or the gateway.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MarkJFine
Professor

This usually means a weather issue at either your location or the gateway.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Jay

Hello AK93, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! What MarkJFine told you is correct.  Bad weather may affect your Internet service when thick cloud cover blocks the signal between the satellite and your dish. The satellite that delivers your signal is 22,000 miles away. The signal must travel up to space when you make a request (such as clicking on a webpage) then come back down to your satellite gateway, and then carry on to your home satellite modem (when the page loads). All of this is usually completed in seconds, but poor weather conditions may interfere with the signal during any of these steps. The good news is, as soon as the weather clears up, your connection will restore automatically!

-Jay