EMAIL not going out from emClient

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CNS
Sophomore

EMAIL not going out from emClient

In recent days or a week or so my email is not going out from using the emclient email client. I am able to receive email.  It fails for 2 different accounts but worked recently and I have made no changes.

I can send hughesnet email from webmail and from my cell phone.

I can send gmail, and other mail, from emclient.   Just not hughesnet email.

SMTP is configured for port 587

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It looks like the email client has recommended a solution that works, and appears to be working now.

One of the options in the SMTP setup is "Use SSL on a special legacy port".

I'm not sure what the means, in detail, but it worked when changed.

Thanks for everyone's help and for your patience with my ignorance.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You may also want to ask here:  https://www.emclient.com/support

I will do that.  Although emClient works fine for other non-hughesnet accounts, which seems to eliminate emClient as the culprit.  I will, however, include it there.

maratsade

Yes, you may be right and it may be the HN connection, but I imagine other people on that site may be on satellite and may be able to help.  I hope others here on this site will chime in; they may know much more than I do, so keep checking!  

CNS
Sophomore

these error messages:

both with and without SSL security enabled

8:13:31 AM "Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."
8:13:31 AM at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
8:13:31 AM at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
8:13:31 AM at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

maratsade

This is beyond my knowledge of this stuff.  I wonder if @MarkJFine could translate what this all means.  EDIT: Again, you may want to post these errors on the product's website.

Honestly, I don't understand the problem if the SSL port being used is the one specified. I have no issues using any of the standard clients here.

For HughesNet POP (I don't recommend using IMAP):
POP incoming: mail.hughes.net, 995

POP outgoing: smtp.hughes.net, 465

For anyone else, you'd have to consult their instructions.

Other than that, the developer of the client may not have allowed for enough of a timeout window. That sometimes happens as well and might not account for latency on satellite.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

I tried those port settings with and without SSL.  Same errors.  Also posted on emClient support page.  

Baffling.

Is there anything else that can be affecting hughesnet server connection?   Same email client works for gmail and for another domain (all going through my satellite connection).  and I can send/receive hughesnet email from cell phone and webmail.

Definitely email client and hughesnet send only related.

UPDATE

Bypassed my satellite connection and sent using emClient via a smartphone hot spot - and, voila, it worked fine.

So it is either being blocked going out by my HughesNet satellite modem, or something with the satellite delay is affecting it.  Doubtful it is the delay as other email accounts/servers work fine through the same modem.

Thoughts?

An earlier post you made said: "SMTP is configured for port 587". I believe you have to have SSL on HughesNet as with most email these days.

Also, the port should be 465 for SSL, not 587 as you stated. You may want to double check again. You may want to ensure that authentication is set to use the same the receive setting.

Another thought: You might want to make sure your outgoing certificate settings aren't messed up. First try with no certificate with neither any signing algorythm nor any encryption engaged.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Now set as you state - still not working.  Seems like all combinations of ports and SSL enabled/disabled do not send.

What is the proper setting for PORTS and SSL?  I operating in POP mode. 

This has worked for nearly 20 years and all of a sudden .. boom.

I have changed the ports as indicated and ensure the authentication is correct. and tried all flavors of SSL.  None of it works.

Can someone post the "correct" settings (or at least the options) of Ports and SSL on/off for POP mode?  I think I have tried every combination.

This has worked for 20 years and then ... boom. 

I posted the correct settings precisely. I have them set that way in Outlook and it works with no issues. I'm afraid there's something wrong with your client. It's possible it's either not setting the correct port (using the default instead) or some other issue.It was recommended some days ago that you contact your client's developer as a fallback to try to figure out the probkem. If you've not done that, well, there's nothing anyone can do for you other than what's already been done/discussed. Good luck.

Yes, I have done that, as I said I would.  And have started working with them.

NEW INFORMATION:

I logged in via webmail and when I tried to send an email I get an error message back saying:

Blacklisted by Internal Reputation Service.  and a lot of details stuff about return path after that. 

No email client involved.  Could this be why client has been unable to connect?   

I am looking into how to resolve this but any suggestions on shat to do?

No.

maratsade

Does the message you get clarify who is blacklisted?

CNS wrote:

Blacklisted by Internal Reputation Service.  and a lot of details stuff about return path after that. 

No email client involved.  Could this be why client has been unable to connect?   

I am looking into how to resolve this but any suggestions on shat to do?

Here is the specific error message text:

Blacklisted by Internal Reputation Service.

Return-Path: <cns@hughes.net>
X-Authed-Username: Y25zQGh1Z2hlcy5uZXQ=
X_CMAE_Category: 0,0 Undefined,Undefined
X-CNFS-Analysis: v=2.1 cv=ZsNNU4PG c=1 sm=0 tr=0 a=bY+bM9/mKJztUtGSkaJH+w==:117 a=L9H7d07YOLsA:10 a=9cW_t1CCXrUA:10 a=s5jvgZ67dGcA:10 a=FKkrIqjQGGEA:10 a=FsKEtdHKdvMA:10 a=Kbs2a1J9zssA:10 a=o4bSt8P714vCxwCN2FUA:9 a=QEXdDO2ut3YA:10 a=no8qZEg_wP8yZpiHhfMA:9 a=_W_S_7VecoQA:10
X-CM-Score: 0
X-Scanned-by: Cloudmark Authority Engine
Authentication-Results: smtp01.hughes.cmh.synacor.com header.from=cns@hughes.net; sender-id=softfail
Authentication-Results: smtp01.hughes.cmh.synacor.com smtp.mail=cns@hughes.net; spf=softfail; sender-id=softfail
Received-SPF: softfail (smtp01.hughes.cmh.synacor.com: transitional domain hughes.net does not designate 10.33.66.6 as permitted sender)
Received: from [10.33.66.6] ([10.33.66.6:48367] helo=md13.hughes.cmh.synacor.com)
by smtp.hughes.net (envelope-from <cns@hughes.net>)
(ecelerity 2.2.3.49 r(42060/42061)) with ESMTP
id 39/DA-03533-BE4682E5; Wed, 22 Jan 2020 10:06:19 -0500

I know someone has suggested that it is the Client BUT ... seems highly unlikely.  I have another email account, from another domain, in the same client with exactly the same settings and everything works fine for that one.  And the client (emClient) has a 'diagnose and troubleshoot' function and it validates connectivity for the working domain and shows it failed for the hughesnet domain.  Everything the same.  Having said that, I am working with both the client developer (they are slow to respond) and with HughesNet to try to sort this out. 

Remains baffling unless it has something to do with this blacklist thing. 

Blacklist doesn't prevent you from connecting to HughesNet's email server.

However, it might prevent someone from receiving an email you send from it IF and only if their email server subscribe to that particular service for filtering purposes.

Secondly, an SPF-softfail just means that email server's IP is not listed in their DNS record as a valid email server. Why is irrelevant to this issue, but worthy of note. That said, that doesn't mean the recieving server will reject the email (quarantine as spam).

It looks like the email client has recommended a solution that works, and appears to be working now.

One of the options in the SMTP setup is "Use SSL on a special legacy port".

I'm not sure what the means, in detail, but it worked when changed.

Thanks for everyone's help and for your patience with my ignorance.

In other words, what I told you to do...