Facebook pictures won't load

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeT1
New Poster

Facebook pictures won't load

Facebook pictures don't load but videos do ?? If I hit the reset button on back of modem it usually works for a while then I have to reset again.  Seems very odd to me. And its only on facebook. Any ideas ?  thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@MikeT1

Please don't continue to hit the reset button on the back of the modem.  Doing so can cause more harm than good, which might require a truck roll to fix, and which you'd have to pay for.  

You can power cycle the modem, which is unplugging it at the wall outlet or power pack (NOT at the back of the modem), waiting at least thirty seconds, then plugging it back in.  It can take about five minutes for the modem to be fully online again.   

A couple of things you can try to fix the picture loading problem is clearing the cache on your browser and flushing your DNS cache on the computer.  And, though I don't know for sure that it would help, you can try utilizing a 3rd party DNS server.  I use Google's, but Cloudflare's is becoming popular, as well.  

And, if you are connected via WiFi, you could see if connecting with an Ethernet cable instead of WiFi makes a difference (It probably won't, but it won't hurt to try).  

The steps for flushing the DNS cache and switching to a 3rd party DNS server are different for Windows and Mac.  If you need help to do those things, please let us know which type of device you are using.  Or, you could search how to do those things on your own.  Either way, those things may help.   

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@MikeT1

Please don't continue to hit the reset button on the back of the modem.  Doing so can cause more harm than good, which might require a truck roll to fix, and which you'd have to pay for.  

You can power cycle the modem, which is unplugging it at the wall outlet or power pack (NOT at the back of the modem), waiting at least thirty seconds, then plugging it back in.  It can take about five minutes for the modem to be fully online again.   

A couple of things you can try to fix the picture loading problem is clearing the cache on your browser and flushing your DNS cache on the computer.  And, though I don't know for sure that it would help, you can try utilizing a 3rd party DNS server.  I use Google's, but Cloudflare's is becoming popular, as well.  

And, if you are connected via WiFi, you could see if connecting with an Ethernet cable instead of WiFi makes a difference (It probably won't, but it won't hurt to try).  

The steps for flushing the DNS cache and switching to a 3rd party DNS server are different for Windows and Mac.  If you need help to do those things, please let us know which type of device you are using.  Or, you could search how to do those things on your own.  Either way, those things may help.