Gateway down or equipment problems?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sumac1950
Freshman

Gateway down or equipment problems?

Greetings, first time using community and hopefully get assistance. My system has been down since Friday night, and called customer service this morning to determine the problem. My problem is there is no “System” light on the modem. All other lights are on. No internet or wifi working. Have done the usual, unplugged/plugged in modem, checked all coax connections, checked dish to see if it had moved, and called tech support. I can connect to 192.168.0.1 and it shows not connecting to Gateway. Signal strength is 92, state code 21.1.5. Tech support stated there is rain at my Gateway, San Diego, CA and is the problem. I don’t understand this as I have had my service for about 6 months and this is the first time having this problem. Is this to say it is the first time it has rained in San Diego in 6 months? And been raining for 3 days? Tech support suggested calling back tomorrow to see if they can help, but I’m not confident on their explanation today as to get any better answer tomorrow. Christmas is coming in a few days and my family will not have any internet or wifi at this rate. Have you seen this problem before? Could it be the modem or dish receiver has become defective? Any assistance is appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Greetings Liz, Received the new modem this afternoon and installed it according to the inclosed instructions. I am happy to say that it has fixed my problem and everything is working again. Thanks again and have a Merry Christmas.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
olympicfarmer
Freshman

Misery loves company. I’ve had the same problem since Friday morning, but they’re telling me it’s rain over Roseburg, OR.

I don’t think they’re telling customers what’s really going on.

I’m about to get back on the phone with customer service, but I don’t have a lot of Christmas spirit right now.
Liz

Hi Sumac1950,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I've sent you a modem since I'm unable to communicate with your site. Please expect it in a few days. Here are instructions on how to replace your modem.  You can use the box in which the new modem arrives to return the old one; there's a return label in the outer pouch.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Thank you Liz! I will let you know if this solves my problem. Thanks for the fast service in assisting to solve my problem. Merry Christmas

You're welcome, looking forward to hearing back. Merry Christmas!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Greetings Liz, Received the new modem this afternoon and installed it according to the inclosed instructions. I am happy to say that it has fixed my problem and everything is working again. Thanks again and have a Merry Christmas.

That's awesome, Sumac1950! Thank you for letting me know you have internet again after the modem swap. I hope you had a great Christmas!

Thanks,

Liz