Hughesnet Community

How do I prioritize bandwidth to certain devices on my Hughesnet modem?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lorirepp
New Poster

How do I prioritize bandwidth to certain devices on my Hughesnet modem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Depending on what you're trying to do, the QOS function might be what you're looking for, as it does prioritize bandwidth. It does it by percentage though, not an actual set bandwidth or even a set amount of data. How you get to this page may vary depending on the modem you have, but you should be able to get to it via the System Control Center. 

Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 7.07.26 PM.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade

I don't think you can.  EDIT: I stand corrected; seems there's something you can do, according to @GabeU .

GabeU

Depending on what you're trying to do, the QOS function might be what you're looking for, as it does prioritize bandwidth. It does it by percentage though, not an actual set bandwidth or even a set amount of data. How you get to this page may vary depending on the modem you have, but you should be able to get to it via the System Control Center. 

Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 7.07.26 PM.png

Lorirepp
New Poster

Thank you so much for including the screenshot of the actual menu I'd be looking for, otherwise I'd be completely lost. And thanks for the assist. Even if it turns out not working, you tried, and that's worth everything! Have a great day!