cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbuckland81
Spectator

Internet is Down

Good evening,

I started internet services with HughesNet back in February of 2024 and have head decent service since then. Yesterday evening, after getting home from work, I discovered the internet was not working. I called tech support this morning with the state code of 11.2.1.

They advised that it was a weather-related outage. At the time of the call, it was raining with overcast so I waited to see if that is the issue. The sky is now clear and has been for a few hours and there is still no service. The 3  lights on my box for system, transmit and recieve are all out. I am a college student and rely heavy on the internet for my studies. Help!

4 REPLIES 4
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You may have to call them back to tell them the internet is still down and that you have the same code even though the weather has cleared. 

Have you tried unplugging the modem, waiting a few minutes, and then restarting it?  May not help, but just in case. 

I have unplugged it and plugged it back in a few times with at least 5 minutes in between

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Yeah, sounds like something may have affected the dish. At this point, your best bet is to call them back. You can also wait until one of the HN reps here sees your post and replies to it, but this might not be until sometime on Monday at the earliest. The customer service line is open 24/7. 

I hope this gets solved for you quickly. 

sbuckland81,

Thank you for reaching out! It seems this is your first post. Welcome to the Community! We're sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some service issues. Were you able to call back in and have the issue resolved since your last message?

Thanks,

Remy