Keep Losing Internet Connection

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chase24
New Poster

Keep Losing Internet Connection

Over the past 2 weeks I lose internet connection almost daily--sometimes only for a short while but in most instances for several hours. I've tried unplugging and then plugging back in the modem and router, as well as shutting down my laptop and phone. I've also called support, and was told that 'my wifi is working but you don't have any devices connected'. Which doesn't seem to make sense to me, as my devices show as connected. Still, I followed the advice given and disconnected each of my devices from the wifi, then rejoined--in some cases I even selected "forget this network" and then rejoined by re-typing the password.  I have noticed that, usually, when I lose service the fourth light from top/third from bottom on the modem begins blinking non-stop, when normally it remains mostly on. Not sure if this is related but something I have noticed. I never had any issues with my connection until I upgraded to the new satellite--I understand and accept that my internet speeds may not be the best, but as someone who works from home to be suddenly and regularly losing wifi altogether is beyond frustrating. I'm wondering if there is an issue with my hardware, or if there is an issue with the new satellite, or something else...but at this point I am at something of a loss as to why I keep losing internet, and also why the diagnostics run by support show that I do in fact have a reliable connection.

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The Hughesnet reps on this site can contact your modem remotely and see if there's something amiss. Make sure to leave it plugged in. The reps work M-F, approximately during business hours. 

Remy

chase24,

It seems it's your first post here. Welcome to the Community! We'd love to help take a look into this for you, but I was unable to locate your account through your Community profile. Please send us a private message at the link provided below with your account number or a phone number attached, so we can take a deeper dive into this for you!

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/102584

Thanks,

Remy

Hello, I too am having connectivity issues. Are you able to access my modem remotely?

maratsade

@AJ88 

The reps on this site work with users individually. To get help, please go to the main tech support page and click on the blue “Start a topic” button so you can create your individual ticket.  Provide information, context, troubleshooting steps you have done, and what the state code is on the modem’s page (you don’t need the internet to access that page, but if your WiFi is down, you will need to connect directly to the modem via Ethernet cable).  The reps here may ask you for information, and they typically will give you a link for you to message them directly if that information is personal, such as your phone number. 

Rooroo13

Mine has been doing the same thing. I am soooo over this. I also lose service EVERY evening from 2-8 a.m. I've already had a technician out, which I had to pay for (total bullcrap, btw), and we've only had the service for TWO WEEKS!!

maratsade

@Rooroo13 , 

If you would like the Hughesnet reps on this site to take a look at your case, please go to the main Tech Support page and create your own ticket by clicking on the “start a topic” button and posting your issue there. Make sure to provide as much detail and information as you can, including what troubleshooting you have done. The reps work with each person individually, and you will not get their help by tacking on to another user’s post to add your own issue.