Modem Interference

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jenjen
Freshman

Modem Interference

Will a WeBoost cellphone booster or tv interfere with modem & what is best place for setting up modem when all your devices are located in one room! ( WeBoost, Directv, computer, printer, 2 cell phones)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MarkJFine
Professor

Neither the cell booster nor DirecTV box are likely to interfere with either the dish signal or wifi.

Even still, ethernet cable connections are still the best option for connecting devices (printer, computer) to the modem. Phones would still need to use wifi, but if you have a booster and can use LTE for them anyway I'm not sure I see the point of even bothering to hook them up to the modem at all.

While I'm at it, it's not recommended that you connect the DirecTV box to the modem at all, because they are notorious for eating data like there's no tomorrow.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MarkJFine
Professor

Neither the cell booster nor DirecTV box are likely to interfere with either the dish signal or wifi.

Even still, ethernet cable connections are still the best option for connecting devices (printer, computer) to the modem. Phones would still need to use wifi, but if you have a booster and can use LTE for them anyway I'm not sure I see the point of even bothering to hook them up to the modem at all.

While I'm at it, it's not recommended that you connect the DirecTV box to the modem at all, because they are notorious for eating data like there's no tomorrow.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.